Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2020 RIP Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chief wahoo View Post
    I believe you're thinking of Joe Morgan who had the "chicken wing" batting stance. Jimmy Wynn was the "toy cannon"!
    Okay...Thanks!
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Don't drink the Kool aid from anyone trying to rip you off with their high prices of unopen baseball products......or those people who say supply and demand......Parents is that all you learned in College?

John Prine a great singer songwriter died from complications from the covid19 virus at age 73. He was an old time troubadour all his songs told a story. Sam Stone, Christmas In Prison, Bruised Orange, Unwed Fathers and Angel From Montgomery are all songs worth the time. RIP John and thank you for your music.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidtfan View Post
    RIP Al Kaline--too young to have seen him play but they don't make them like him anymore!
    Before my time too. Mr Tiger, I believe they called him. He was a member of the 3,000 hit club when it was much more exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo374 View Post
    Before my time too. Mr Tiger, I believe they called him. He was a member of the 3,000 hit club when it was much more exclusive.
    Kaline was a great member of the Tigers, it's funny because I learned how to spell alkaline batteries because of his name! On your point of the 3000 hit club being more exclusive 32 players have reached 3000 hits. 15,213 players have appeared in a Major League game. That equals .2 percent of all Major League players getting to that plateau. So yes I get your point but it is still pretty exclusive.
    "Tomorrow isn't promised to any of us"Kirby Puckett at his retirement speech July 16th 1996

Kirby Puckett Haves 301/2363 12.73 %

Autograph's of Players seen in person 121/969 12.48%

Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    From TV James Drury passed away.....was on The Virginia...
    Interesting that James Drury is part of a current PSA about the corona virus on the INSP station. I just saw it today and it was posted on April 3rd on YouTube just days before his passing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

That was weird seeing him on a current PSA posthumously. He looked to be in good health during that shoot.

Also NFL Hall of Famer Bobby Mitchell and NFL Hall of Very Good Tim Brown passed away this week. Most have not heard of Tim Brown but he was a very good running back for the Eagles as well as an actor, I don't know if Bobby Mitchell died because of the virus but Tim Brown died from complications of Dementia and James Drury's cause of death was due to "natural causes"

RIP Brian Dennehy from First Blood Tommy Boy died at age 81.

Quote Originally Posted by budd2222 View Post
    RIP Brian Dennehy from First Blood Tommy Boy died at age 81.
    Just saw this...Thought he was great in Tommy Boy. I know he did a ton of other stuff, but that is the role that I will remember.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Former Cubs and Padres 2nd baseman Glenn Beckert died last week. There seems to be a sudden rash of players/celebrities passing away this month. I gotta wonder if any of these are because of the Coronavirus. I know most of these guys were in their late 70s-mid 80s but there have been more deaths than usual for well known people in recent weeks.

Howard Finkle, longtime wwe ring announcer passed away.
    Last edited by HoosierBuddy; 04-16-2020 at 08:55 PM.
    Hoosier
    ---------
    Trading Interests:
    Javier Baez, Ernie Banks, Johnny Bench, Kris Bryant, Willson Contreras, Ian Kinsler, Greg Maddux, Mike Schmidt, Corey Seager & Mike Trout. Victor Oladipo. Jordan Howard & Walter Payton

EVERYTHING I have available for trade is on my tradelist page. If it's not on that page, I don't have it. It's really that simple. Hoosier's Tradelist

Rest in Peace Howard Tinkle! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Don't drink the Kool aid from anyone trying to rip you off with their high prices of unopen baseball products......or those people who say supply and demand......Parents is that all you learned in College?

20 minutes away from Busch Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals

Go to tglgtglg's ebay items

Don't think it was mentioned in here previously, but I seen a week or two ago that Tom Dempsey had passed. He was the kicker that only had half a foot and held the record for the longest time for the longest NFL field goal kicked in a game.
    Link to my trade list thread here on The Bench - http://www.thebenchtrading.com/showt...his?highlight=

My Hobby Collecting Goal - to finish my '98 Bowman's Best Master Set - so help me out if you have any Atomic Refractors or Autos. This set is the only true thing that I am still currently working on.

Rest in Peace Tom Dempsey! Anytime a long FG was attempt they would bring up Tom Dempsey name and record. Best regards, David

Mike "Mad Dog"Curtis, former middle linebacker of the 60s and 70s Baltimore Colts passed away yesterday at age 77. He was a TOUGH player and I'm very surprised he is not in the Pro Football HOF. Below is a 4 minute video by NFL films on his career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_dVUPwwx2o

Speaking of linebackers, former Bills linebacker form the 1960s Mike Stratton passed away a few weeks ago at age 78. A few weeks ago I traded for a 1965 Topps PSA NM 7 card of his. If you know anything on the condition sensitivity of the 1965 Tops Football cards, it is hard to believe it only graded as a 7. Man that is one nice card when it comes to condition.

And look at the people who are catching it.....movie stars, people with lots of money, TV people....

Gene Dynarski passed away.......Seinfeld and also in Star Trek..Best regards, David