Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2020 RIP Thread

WOW! Kobe dies and boom....Kirk Douglas and you can hear a pin drop. Best regards, David
    In Memo//y of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Sat contest for Ronald Acuna Jr. auto 068/199 2019 Topps Museum Archival auto has been posted!

I just heard that former Blue Jays shortstop Tony Fernandez passed away at 57. Seems really young.
    1975 Topps Minis: 362/660 55% complete
    1972 Topps: 762/787 97% complete
    1971 Topps: 678/752 90% complete
    1960 Topps: 500/572 87% complete

Quote Originally Posted by mm1sub View Post
    I just heard that former Blue Jays shortstop Tony Fernandez passed away at 57. Seems really young.
    I agree, does seem young, thought I heard he was battling something.

RIP Mickey Wright - LPGA pioneer - 13 major victories/82 total wins - HOF member

RIP Kelly Nakahara - played Nurse Kelly on MASH, I think for the entire run of the show. Not many other characters, especially the nurses were there for the entire run.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Rest in Peace Kelly Nakahara!
    In Memo//y of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Sat contest for Ronald Acuna Jr. auto 068/199 2019 Topps Museum Archival auto has been posted!

Kidney disease is what caused his passing. He had it over the last few years of his life and was in a Miami hospital waiting for a donation that matched.

As a 15 year old, I went to a game at Fenway. The Sox were playing Toronto. My seat was in left where the rows begin to incline as they go toward the Monster. After taking infield practice Tony Fernandez came over and signed a few autos. I managed to snag one on a tiny notepad. It was my first autograph. Unfortunately as I entered a period of collecting ambivalence of my late teens, I managed to lose this.

Anyway, I know exactly what he went through. I was diagnosed with end-stage renal failure at the age of 43 a few years ago. After 10 months of exhausting dialysis, I was fortunate enough that a live donor, a complete stranger, heard my story and gave me the gift of life. Without her gift, Id still be on dialysis, unable to work. Thanks to her, Im able to live a more or less normal life. Today there are millions waiting for a kidney, heart, liver or lung. Please consider becoming an organ donor.

RIP Mr. Fernandez

Rest in Peace Ja'net Dubois! Wrote and sang the Jeffersons theme song....she also played Wilona...Best regards, David

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo374 View Post
    Kidney disease is what caused his passing. He had it over the last few years of his life and was in a Miami hospital waiting for a donation that matched.

As a 15 year old, I went to a game at Fenway. The Sox were playing Toronto. My seat was in left where the rows begin to incline as they go toward the Monster. After taking infield practice Tony Fernandez came over and signed a few autos. I managed to snag one on a tiny notepad. It was my first autograph. Unfortunately as I entered a period of collecting ambivalence of my late teens, I managed to lose this.

Anyway, I know exactly what he went through. I was diagnosed with end-stage renal failure at the age of 43 a few years ago. After 10 months of exhausting dialysis, I was fortunate enough that a live donor, a complete stranger, heard my story and gave me the gift of life. Without her gift, I’d still be on dialysis, unable to work. Thanks to her, I’m able to live a more or less normal life. Today there are millions waiting for a kidney, heart, liver or lung. Please consider becoming an organ donor.

RIP Mr. Fernandez
    What a miracle! Tremendous life story, and a powerful testimony!

Blessings,

Kevin
    "For nothing will be impossible for God" ~ Luke 1:37

Also, I just found out Larry Tesler passed away. He is the one who developed the technology for the "cut, copy and paste" on our computers.

Rest in Peace Larry Teslar! Best regards, David

singer.

Dixie crush singer....Lindsay Lagestee hit by car and killed.

Rest in Peace Robert Conrad! Passed away in Feb 8.....The wild, wild West......Baa Baa Black Sheep.

Last week former Giant Johnny Antonelli passed
    I collect: Barry Bonds, Willie Mays, Jeff Kent(Giants uni), SF Giants prospects, autos. Hunter Bishop, Logan Wyatt, Noelvi Marte
    http://samstradingpost.com/trader/bonds25.aspx

Rest in Peace Johnny Antonelli! Best regards, David