Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: 2020 RIP Thread

Gregory Tyree Boyce has died age 30......was actor in Twilight.
    Last edited by David K.; 05-19-2020 at 09:52 AM.
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Don't drink the Kool aid from anyone trying to rip you off with their high prices of unopen baseball products......or those people who say supply and demand......Parents is that all you learned in College?

Past away last Sat Lynn Shelton....age 54. Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Don't drink the Kool aid from anyone trying to rip you off with their high prices of unopen baseball products......or those people who say supply and demand......Parents is that all you learned in College?

Jerry Sloan, former Chicago Bulls player and coach and long time coach of the Utah Jazz, passed away at 78 today. He is in the Hall of Fame as a coach and despite never winning an NBA title had one hell of a record!

Funny how you pay much closer attention to sports as a kid then you do as an adult. If you say Jerry Sloan to me, I think of him and Norm Van Lier as the long time backcourt for the Bulls in the 1970s. 99% of fans will immediately think "Utah Jazz coach" but I always remember him and Van Lier as one TOUGH defensive backcourt for the Bulls. Those two were some rough, physical cats and sadly both are gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyfan34 View Post
    Said this awhile ago when Chuck Berry died, but of all the rockers in the 50's who seemed hell bent on self destruction, who would have thought that Jerry lee Lewis would be the last on standing?

RIP Little Richard
    I second your statement about Jerry Lee....There is a meme that I saw recently with Keith Richards, and it says "I outlived Elvis, Michael Jackson, and Amy Winehouse. Betcha didn't see that coming!"
    "For nothing will be impossible for God" ~ Luke 1:37

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    Jerry Sloan, former Chicago Bulls player and coach and long time coach of the Utah Jazz, passed away at 78 today. He is in the Hall of Fame as a coach and despite never winning an NBA title had one hell of a record!

Funny how you pay much closer attention to sports as a kid then you do as an adult. If you say Jerry Sloan to me, I think of him and Norm Van Lier as the long time backcourt for the Bulls in the 1970s. 99% of fans will immediately think "Utah Jazz coach" but I always remember him and Van Lier as one TOUGH defensive backcourt for the Bulls. Those two were some rough, physical cats and sadly both are gone now.
    Rest in Peace Jerry Sloan! Best regards, David

Well this is a downer. NBA Hall of Famer Wes Unseld, my favorite player as a kid, passed away today at age 74. He was the very first basketball player I followed as a youngster. My absolute favorite players growing up were Kansas City Chief WR Otis Taylor, Detroit Tigers outfielder Willie Horton and in basketball it was Wes, Elvin Hayes and a slew of ABA players most notebly George Gervin and George McGinnis. Very sad day for me with Wes's passing.
    Last edited by SymphonicMetal; 06-02-2020 at 05:46 PM.