Is This Seller For Real

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

budd2222

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Did a double take at this guys ebay listings. davescardsandmore2010, one of the many are Mike Trout @Tristar Obak Mini RC. GMA Gem Mint 10 more than 10 available. That is just one of the many GMA Gem mint 10 and GMA 9 sports and non-sports cards he has for sale. To me its to good to be true.

It appears that when it comes to actual sales on EBAY, a GMA 10 sells for what a BGS or PSA 9 sells for. The following video is a pretty in depth analysis of GMA vs the other more well known grading services. Go to the 13:30 mark and you'll see where the guy compares GMA 10 sales prices to 10s and 9s from PSA and BGS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQzOymrLHJ8

I only watched a little of this video by skipping around but it may be something you want to watch in its entirety.

It appears that when it comes to actual sales on EBAY, a GMA 10 sells for what a BGS or PSA 9 sells for. The following video is a pretty in depth analysis of GMA vs the other more well known grading services. Go to the 13:30 mark and you'll see where the guy compares GMA 10 sales prices to 10s and 9s from PSA and BGS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQzOymrLHJ8

I only watched a little of this video by skipping around but it may be something you want to watch in its entirety.

My question is are they legit ? Has anyone put the GMA grading up against PSA and Becketts ? How can they get the large amount of Gem Mint 10's from one person? Now I have to ask is GMA the grading king and all the others to picky ? To me it looks like they have lowered the bar. I may be wrong they just look to good to be true.

That video I posted went through the different grading requirements to get certain grades at about the 5:30 mark They seem to be pretty similar in how they judge cards in theory but only GMA knows for sure if they hold to those standards. My biggest question with GMA is how much effort they could possibly put in to grading when they are charging so little? I've seen 2 videos where the posters say they charge $2.50 and $3.50 per card on a 20 day turnaround. How much effort would you put into a task where you got paid $3.00? It seems the more well known grading services overcharge and the GMA service seems to undercharge from what I can gather.

If you have a GMA card compare it to the pictures this seller is posting. If you can spot some differences in the look of the holders you may want to pass.

I'd assume the cards are legitimate GMAs from that seller since he has such a high rating. But how hard is it to get a 9 or 10 with modern cards given today's manufacturing technology?

OK go to approx. the 20:20 mark on the video through about 22:30 and if that does not help you make up your mind, nothing will. That story about the GMA 9 Topps Derek Jeter tells me all I would need to know about whether to buy the GMA graded cards.

I report, you decide.

Is this the Trout RC from 2011 Topps Update. I think that is his only RC. It books for $600.00. Does this guy claim he has more than 10 of them?

Is this the Trout RC from 2011 Topps Update. I think that is his only RC. It books for $600.00. Does this guy claim he has more than 10 of them?

I think its a giveaway from a convention. That's why its a $100 gem mint card.

My problem is with this seller. GMA may be legit or not. This sellers inventory looks to be home made of custom cards sport and non-sport. Most of them he sells for about $5, he is smart and sells as what they are. Now he thinks he can sell more product by making them look rarer and jump the price from $5 to $80. In a way he is smart but honest I just don't know.