Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Trade Manager Issues

Will PM, I would be happy to work with JayDub or anyone to get this back rolling. I can work through PHP and know SQL well, but it will take a combo effort My initial calls with Liquid.. led me to think that the account will go inactive at some time if the annual or monthly fees are not continued. I did not get a timeframe to that. My fear is that if its not paid for, then the whole site will become unavailable at some time. So its a race to get Petes attention before that happens. Of course, there is a thought in the back of my head that there is an underlying issue (health, work issues etc.) that has led his attention elsewhere. But if its like any other hosting site, the account access will allow to FTP (pull down the source code) make the changes and then FTP (push back up) the code so that the site works as intended.

Of course, nothing is as easy as stated. Changes in versions related to SQL or PHP (code used for this site) could be the reason it is having issues. Hopefully, we can step in and help, even if he does not want to turn over it completely.
    Please continue to visit my pages. They are dynamically changes showing my current needs and my current cards available. The program used interfaces with the Baseball Card Inventory (for needs) and SportLots for cards available.
    ----> HIT HERE TO VISIT MY TRADERS AND NEEDS SITE

Quote Originally Posted by metsman1986 View Post
    You can also reach him via eBay, krazydecals732............He's basically selling custom vinyl decals...........Has about 4000+ auctions........
    We should all gang up and bid on his 4000+ auctions and leave him hanging. i'm guessing that may get Pete's attention.

Appreciate you all trying to help. I'm crossing my fingers that the Bench can live on!
    Quambomb
    http://www.freewebs.com/quambomb <-Click "continue to freewebs" if needed
    Discloser: I can be a picky trader

Player Collections: Miguel Sano, Jose Berrios, L. Severino, F. Liriano, B. Revere, C. Gomez, & A. Chapman
    Set Collecting Needs: '12 Topps Heritage,'07 Bowman Heritage,'06 Flair Showcase,'07 A&G Flags of the World
    Always interested in MN Twins RCs, Prospects

How is this still an issue? I haven't signed in for over a month (partly because of the TM issues)... and when I do sign in it's still not fixed!
    Main collecting interests: Topps sets, Johan Santana (Twins only), and MN sports teams.

Trade page: https://mack5818.wixsite.com/pacrat76

Quote Originally Posted by pac_rat_76;393986S2
    How is this still an issue? I haven't signed in for over a month (partly because of the TM issues)... and when I do sign in it's still not fixed!
    Still an issue and still have that stupid 17 hud popping up again and again....Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Don't drink the Kool aid from anyone trying to rip you off with their high prices of unopen baseball products......or those people who say supply and demand......Parents is that all you learned in College?

Jerry Rice

Go to cjay101's ebay items
    Go to cjay101's comc items

I have a bit of back-side access to some administrative functions. I did try to at a minimum increase the PM inbox size for everyone from 100 to 150 and it would not take, the SQL query had a fault in it.

I fear that pending a sale or other intervention, the Bench's days may be numbered.
    Senior Advisor in Title Only

I collect anything and everything Jerry Rice! Always looking for any I don't have!

My Wantlist

@cjay... I know SQL and have coded in PHP enough to get around. Sounds like you have access to the FTP server that hosts the code. If you can provide that to me in a PM, I could assist in at least looking at the code. I could even enage in test, fix test with hopes in restoring some of the challenged functionality. You can PM me to discuss more

Quote Originally Posted by cjay101 View Post
    I have a bit of back-side access to some administrative functions. I did try to at a minimum increase the PM inbox size for everyone from 100 to 150 and it would not take, the SQL query had a fault in it.

I fear that pending a sale or other intervention, the Bench's days may be numbered.
    Please continue to visit my pages. They are dynamically changes showing my current needs and my current cards available. The program used interfaces with the Baseball Card Inventory (for needs) and SportLots for cards available.
    ----> HIT HERE TO VISIT MY TRADERS AND NEEDS SITE

Good luck guys!
    I use Beckett pricing and trade Book for Book (give or take).
    Bobby813@aol.com
    [/COLOR]
    Mattingly count 2184//8721 25% (plus 92 unlisted)
    343 Relics, 53 Autographs and 589 Searial Numbered

Mattingly Scans
    Mattingly wants
    My Home Page
    Check out my Custom Shadow Boxes
    Shadow Boxes

Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by ripahl View Post
    @cjay... I know SQL and have coded in PHP enough to get around. Sounds like you have access to the FTP server that hosts the code. If you can provide that to me in a PM, I could assist in at least looking at the code. I could even enage in test, fix test with hopes in restoring some of the challenged functionality. You can PM me to discuss more
    I did formerly have access to the FTP server but I no longer have the credentials. I only have VBulletin admin access and obviously that doesn't allow for much given the current code issues. The ball is completely in the site owner's court as far as repair of functionality. I am certain if someone offers to purchase The Bench he would be open to a reasonable discussion, especially at the point it is now.

I collect anything and everything Jerry Rice! Always looking for any I don't have!

My Wantlist

Just curious, because I have absolutely no idea. What is the potential cost of purchasing The Bench?
    Need Ripkens that I don't have (3,065 different Ripkens) , Joe Mauer, Killebrew, Feller, Twins refractors. I'll also consider better RCs
    2005 Zenith

Museum Inserts: 250/250 100%
    Prime Patches: 77/77 100% (all #'d to 150 or less) Overall collection includes: 29 different laundry tags,5 button holes,& 225 different autographs & auto variations.

Quote Originally Posted by cjay101 View Post
    Man, that is grim.........You would think that Pete would let someone else at least "drive the bus" until the financial stuff comes due.........I know a bunch of us would help in that regard........
    mikekestner.com/mm86

Would like to make trades worthy of the BB mailer........Trying to avoid PWE trades......

Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by reickholt View Post
    Just curious, because I have absolutely no idea. What is the potential cost of purchasing The Bench?
    At one point I know it had enough ad revenue that it kept the lights on but i’ve never seen the figures. I am certain it is nowhere near the days of old. That’s a conversation to have with the owner. I’m sure it’s not cheap to host bandwidth/traffic.

My Wantlist

Can anyone confirm that Pete and his family are doing alright? I just can't see Pete letting this place die out...

Thanks
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Loyalty32 View Post
    Can anyone confirm that Pete and his family are doing alright? I just can't see Pete letting this place die out...

Thanks
    Craig
    Great point, Craig........
    mikekestner.com/mm86

Would like to make trades worthy of the BB mailer........Trying to avoid PWE trades......

Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by Loyalty32 View Post

Thanks
    Craig
    He is alive and well according to facebook recent posts. I think it’s a simple issue of priorities, children/family/work

My Wantlist