Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Manager Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby813 View Post

Personal comment:
    I don't understand why this is such a problem. Don't we have access to the original code? Isn't anyone else capable to fix this? I saw a comment early on that said that the problem was known. Was this looked into? Did we at least try to fix it? HELP!!!
    I'm going to have to agree here. There a ton of Vbulletin sites out there so we're not talking about some obscure piece of software. I am a web developer and when you have huge amounts of code being rendered on a page (e.g. when we all look at the TM) it's just not that hard to find and fix something like that. I mean **** if someone wants to give me a copy of the DB and code or some sort of access I'll use my personal time to try and fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydub View Post
    I'm going to have to agree here. There a ton of Vbulletin sites out there so we're not talking about some obscure piece of software. I am a web developer and when you have huge amounts of code being rendered on a page (e.g. when we all look at the TM) it's just not that hard to find and fix something like that. I mean **** if someone wants to give me a copy of the DB and code or some sort of access I'll use my personal time to try and fix it.
    The problem is that the trade manager is a custom code written by a previous member of the tech team. When vBulletin does these updates, it totally messes with these custom codes, as they are not tested for by the vBulletin team. Sort of like when Windows does an update but doesn't verify that the new version will work with any of the older versions. Or Oracle if you know how those updates work. They never go smoothly or according to plan.

Pete is the only one that has access to the code. We have reached out to him, but all we know is that he is trying to fix it.

Listen, I don't have a simple answer to solve the issues. I have seen the requests, including increasing the PM limits, but that is all code work that Pete would have to do. I highly doubt that any bench points will be given for trades done via PM.

Just do your best, trade with trusted trading partners and we will keep asking Pete for updates.

Steph and I will keep asking.

Thanks,
    Jflan702
    PLEASE NOTE I am only able to ship on Saturdays
    Set builder 1970 - now - Topps, Fleer (original), Donruss, Score and UD

Collecting all Tommy John cards not listed on my Havelist at my www.
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s175/jflan702/
    Please no PWE

I agree with points not given for PM trades. Another alternative would be to see how many overall trades a member made since joining. I think that would seem fair to all.
    I use Beckett pricing and trade Book for Book (give or take).
    Bobby813@aol.com
    [/COLOR]
    Mattingly count 2184//8721 25% (plus 92 unlisted)
    343 Relics, 53 Autographs and 589 Searial Numbered

Mattingly Scans
    Mattingly wants
    My Home Page
    Check out my Custom Shadow Boxes
    Shadow Boxes

I agree with points not given for PM trades. Another alternative would be to see how many overall trades a member made since joining. I think that would seem fair to all.
    Hi Bobby, unfortunately that would take a lot of code work for Pete, and at this time I think his efforts are better off with getting it fixed so that we can move forward.

If any of the MOD team hears anything, we will post an update.

Thanks,
    Jflan702

Please no PWE

Why doesn't Pete get in touch with Jaydub and talk to him about what is going on . He has offered to help.I always thought an update was to make things better but since the update the Bench has fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by LEONOFNJ View Post
    Why doesn't Pete get in touch with Jaydub and talk to him about what is going on . He has offered to help.I always thought an update was to make things better but since the update the Bench has fell apart.
    Hi Leon,

You can ask Pete that, as I cannot speak for him. As far as the update, it was a vBulletin update, not a Bench update. As I stated above, vBulletin does not test compatibility of custom code, which is what the TM and other things on The Bench are. No, all updates do not make things better unfortunately.

Please stay safe out there. Everyone!

Thanks,
    Jflan702

Please no PWE

jflan702 - I appreciate the effort. However, finding out how many trade were made is a simple query.
    It would take no effort at all to a novice if they have access to the database. This is really discouraging to a host of faithful members.
    I use Beckett pricing and trade Book for Book (give or take).
    Bobby813@aol.com
    [/COLOR]
    Mattingly count 2184//8721 25% (plus 92 unlisted)
    343 Relics, 53 Autographs and 589 Searial Numbered

Mattingly Scans
    Mattingly wants
    My Home Page
    Check out my Custom Shadow Boxes
    Shadow Boxes

jflan702 - I appreciate the effort. However, finding out how many trade were made is a simple query.
    It would take no effort at all to a novice if they have access to the database. This is really discouraging to a host of faithful members.
    Bobby- I get your frustration. It's more frustrating to John and I that there is nothing we can do to fix it. If there was, we would have already. Unfortunately all we can do is what we have been doing: checking in with Pete to see if he has an update. Just as you guys don't have access to the database at the moment that also means that John and I don't have access to the database either. Unfortunately we don't have Mark Wing around here anymore. He was the one that created the Trade Manager code that The Bench uses.

Jaydub-reach out to Pete here and see if your assistance could be helpful. I've had more success with contacting Pete through FB so if you want that avenue PM me your contact information and I'll send it onto Pete.
    Last edited by stephj24; 03-29-2020 at 03:53 PM.
    Collecting Yankee First Basemen Tino Martinez and Mark Teixeira

NO PWE PLEASE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stephj24 View Post
    Bobby- I get your frustration. It's more frustrating to John and I that there is nothing we can do to fix it. If there was, we would have already. Unfortunately all we can do is what we have been doing: checking in with Pete to see if he has an update. Just as you guys don't have access to the database at the moment that also means that John and I don't have access to the database either. Unfortunately we don't have Mark Wing around here anymore. He was the one that created the Trade Manager code that The Bench uses.

Jaydub-reach out to Pete here and see if your assistance could be helpful. I've had more success with contacting Pete through FB so if you want that avenue PM me your contact information and I'll send it onto Pete.
    stephj24, I don't actually know who Pete is on the site, is his user name literally just 'Pete'?

Jeff

stephj24, I don't actually know who Pete is on the site, is his user name literally just 'Pete'?

Jeff
    Jeff,
    His user name: Champs96ws
    Derek Jeter collector 600 cards 18 game used 1 auto and 1 autograph jersey

Jeff
    Jeff-

His user name is Champs96ws
    Collecting Yankee First Basemen Tino Martinez and Mark Teixeira

NO PWE PLEASE!!!

My completed trades have moved to completed last I checked they were sitting idle
    "Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last...
    Tomorrow is Not Promised

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by gestes72 View Post
    Jeff,
    His user name: Champs96ws
    Quote Originally Posted by stephj24 View Post
    Jeff-

His user name is Champs96ws
    FWIW I've reached out via PM but no response as of yet.

Jeff

FWIW I've reached out via PM but no response as of yet.

Jeff
    You won't get a response. He doesn't come on the site anymore. The only way Steph got in contact with him was through Facebook
    Brad Ziegler 344/649Wantlist Click Here
    RC's & Autos Of Mike Trout,Aaron Judge,Matt Olson,Matt Chapman,Ronald Acuna,Juan Soto, Jose Altuve,Khris Davis,Mookie Betts,Christian Yelich,Bryce Harper, Ramon Laureano,Vladimir Guerrero Jr.,Fernando Tatis Jr.,Pete Alonso,Anthony Rendon
    Football Shaquem Griffin & Alabama Crimson Tide players
    Boxing/MMA- Micky Ward, Gina Carano

Quote Originally Posted by dan5 View Post
    You won't get a response. He doesn't come on the site anymore. The only way Steph got in contact with him was through Facebook
    Jesus H I'm starting to think The Bench needs to rethink how it manages the site.