Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Shelter in place!

Watching more old NFL games....Chiefs vs. Raiders... : )
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Next Sat contest is April 18 and its for Tony Gwynn 2005 UD Heroes green 33/99 auto!

recd Vons delivery today......no bird seeds! On the good side....eggs and soda.......Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Next Sat contest is April 18 and its for Tony Gwynn 2005 UD Heroes green 33/99 auto!

Some of you know that almost all of last year.....had trouble walking because of a weak hamstring and this cause my left hip and back to be in pain..X-rays showed no damage to the hip......just the normal wear from 60 plus years....so visted Physical Doctor and she had me doing about 6 stretching to get the hamstring and back to normal ...every vist two weeks a part ...she would add two more to do....in the morning and going to sleep at night...I did extra one if afternoon....after 4 months...the pain as gone and I could walk without the walker....then she put me on the rack.....for about 15 minutes....and give me different stretching to help my muscles support me while I walked......so I did not make My San Francisco trip that I have done for over 30 years. The rack was done after 2 months and I was good enough...so the appointments were stopped........still not quite back to 100%....about 89%....during this time....got my food by ordering on line with Vons. Best regards, David

Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    Some of you know that almost all of last year.....had trouble walking because of a weak hamstring and this cause my left hip and back to be in pain..X-rays showed no damage to the hip......just the normal wear from 60 plus years....so visted Physical Doctor and she had me doing about 6 stretching to get the hamstring and back to normal ...every vist two weeks a part ...she would add two more to do....in the morning and going to sleep at night...I did extra one if afternoon....after 4 months...the pain as gone and I could walk without the walker....then she put me on the rack.....for about 15 minutes....and give me different stretching to help my muscles support me while I walked......so I did not make My San Francisco trip that I have done for over 30 years. The rack was done after 2 months and I was good enough...so the appointments were stopped........still not quite back to 100%....about 89%....during this time....got my food by ordering on line with Vons. Best regards, David
    Dont over do it do what you can and thanks for the Vons info I never knew of this place lol i know behind times lol
    "Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last...
    Tomorrow is Not Promised

Quote Originally Posted by Camsue View Post
    Dont over do it do what you can and thanks for the Vons info I never knew of this place lol i know behind times lol
    If you order over $150.00 it free and you must order over $50.00......first time is also free.....Walmart also has the service on line.....but theirs you have to tip the driver ....vons u don't have to tip.........Amazon also delivers food and its for free. Best regards, David

I'm hunkered down in south central Illinois. I got to Walmart last Friday at 6:30 am. There web-site said they would open a 6 am the previous evening. Anyway, they didn''t open until 7am. They said they needed more time to stock the shelves. I was one of the first into the store, the first wave was crowded up against the door, so I was behind them. Anyway, in the opening hour they had hardly anything on the shelf. I was able to get what I wanted for the most part. But no toilet paper could be found. They opened the store that day with no toilet paper! I suppose by the time I get any, it will be $50 a pack. I noticed at least some of their items had prices raised.

It's not like I can go back every day to check. I'm between Quincy and Macomb with only a local milk house across the street. They have 4 isles about 60 foot long. Hopefully I can get bread at least. If I'm watching the delivery trucks, I have my choice of local shopping. But any stocking up from a clean store, I have a round trip of 56 miles to Macomb or 72 miles to Quincy. So I can't check everyday. At least I'm isolated.
    Last edited by anglinomics; 03-22-2020 at 08:30 PM.

if they have any tissue paper....it can be used in place of toilet paper....Best regards, David

No water....get soda.....

No hand lotion....get soap (better than lotion) or mouth wash....the one with burning alohic....

Eat healthy food......cut back on fast food....unless its taco salad .......

my son is mailing me toilet paper. from Michigan. I have a lot of stuff mailed to me but never tp as I seem to just cant find any in my city with all the hoarders. been catching up on a few box dvd sets i brought over the past few weeks. tonight iam starting. Chernobyl. stay safe all. Larry
    looking to trade for rookies auto.s jerseys. i will trade for rookies . or game used and auto,s in baseball.. and. lmk what cha got.

Quote Originally Posted by anglinomics View Post
    I'm hunkered down in south central Illinois. I got to Walmart last Friday at 6:30 am. There web-site said they would open a 6 am the previous evening. Anyway, they didn''t open until 7am. They said they needed more time to stock the shelves. I was one of the first into the store, the first wave was crowded up against the door, so I was behind them. Anyway, in the opening hour they had hardly anything on the shelf. I was able to get what I wanted for the most part. But no toilet paper could be found. They opened the store that day with no toilet paper! I suppose by the time I get any, it will be $50 a pack. I noticed at least some of their items had prices raised.

It's not like I can go back every day to check. I'm between Quincy and Macomb with only a local milk house across the street. They have 4 isles about 60 foot long. Hopefully I can get bread at least. If I'm watching the delivery trucks, I have my choice of local shopping. But any stocking up from a clean store, I have a round trip of 56 miles to Macomb or 72 miles to Quincy. So I can't check everyday. At least I'm isolated.
    I think all walmarts changed the hours to 7am-8:30 so they had more time to stock and disinfect. I have heard so many times people going in at 7am but a lot of things are not available. It took 3 trips to sams club to obtain water but no toilet paper. I do notice grocery stores have only 4 and 6 packs available but very few left on shelves. Went shopping to stock up a bit on saturday and noticed limits were set on a lot of items. The price of eggs is getting crazy... You might try a food service distributor for toilet paper through a will call order (order then pick up). Your located right by the nations largest food service redistributor, DOT Foods but they only ship to larger accounts. Chatted with my dad in Richmond Hills, GA and he couldn't find any red meat or eggs on saturday.
    Mainly looking for GREG MADDUX, 2008 UD Heroes #d cards & 2006-2014 A&G Relics.

CLICK HERE FOR - WANTLIST - TRADELIST - PICASA ALBUM

Quote Originally Posted by desertdogg View Post
    my son is mailing me toilet paper. from Michigan. I have a lot of stuff mailed to me but never tp as I seem to just cant find any in my city with all the hoarders. been catching up on a few box dvd sets i brought over the past few weeks. tonight iam starting. Chernobyl. stay safe all. Larry
    I hope all of the hoarders have a special hell waiting for them!

Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    No water....get soda.....
    OK. I gotta ask, why does everybody have to buy water unless they live in Flint, Mi or Newark NJ? Is your city's water supply tainted with lead or something?

I have no idea why people are buying up the H2O.....maybe they don't trust the city water? Lots of drinks...soda, fruit drinks, punch....Best regards, David PS for me I don't trust the city water......I normal boil it for .......hot coffee or green tea.