Question for all benchies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camsue

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Recently got into a conversation with a co worker and we got on the subject of multi players on one card and we got discussing three player formats my guess for the best three players on one card would be 1966 topps #215 clemente aaron mays. Players have to be active at the same time so that would cancel out the 73 topps ruth aaron mays. What are your thoughts on this. Thanks for your input

An interesting question! I loved those old player combo card be it League Leaders or those 1950s and 1960s special cards like Buc Belters and Sox Sockers where they showed teammates or rival players on the same card.

Beating those three on the same card is going to be tough although mantle shows up on a lot of these cards. This is kind of cheating but the 1967 Topps Victory leaders with Koufax, Maricahal, Gaylord Perry and Bob Gibson rivals that card with one extra HOF player on it.

The 1968 Topps Super Stars card #490 with Mantle, Mays and Killebrew is close a close 2nd to the 1966 Mays, Aaron Clemente card.

Ooh fun question. The 66 is going to be tough to beat if you're sticking to 3 players only on a card

So, the 63 leaders cards may be cheating too because they have 5 players, but #1 had Aaron, Musial, and F. Robinson, and #3 had those three PLUS Banks and Cepeda.

On a related note, is the 1978 #707 with Trammel and Molitor the only shared rookie card of two Hall of Famers?

How about when the same player becomes a multi player card as in the case of Lou Brock, All Time Record Holders Stolen Bases 1979 Topps #415? He is on the card twice, once for the season and once for career!

Great question -- the first card that jumped to my mind was the 73 Aaron. Schmidts RC w/ Ron Cey was good, but can't remember who the third person was...

Basketball cards had tri-cards, symphonic will probably have a better memory than me on them, but I believe there was one with Bird/Magic/Dr. J. That is a pretty high end triumvirate. And if research is done, probably could find similar for both hockey/football??

I like this one........Doesn't stack up with some of the others though.........They look like they were very happy in the prime of their lives........

1968 Topps #480 Manager's Dream Tony Oliva, Chico Cardenas, and Roberto Clemente

Plus, it's the last card I needed for the set!

That 1963 Topps card #3 with 5 HOFers on it is really hard to beat but I know we are limiting it to 3 players.

The 1980-81 Bird/Magic/Dr J card would most likely be considered the top basketball card trio although the 1972-72 rebound leaders card of Wilt/Jabbar and Wes Unseld (3 HOFers) would be a strong contender. Wes would be the weak link on that card despite his stellar career and HOF enshrinement. Kareem and Wilt are a hard duo to beat though.

My personal #1 basketball trios card is from 1972-73 Topps with card #263 ABA rebound leaders with Artis Gilmore/Dr J and Mel Daniels all of which are HOFers. The ABA factor, of which you get many, many, MANY brownie points from me, puts that as #1 in my personal book.

Last edited: