Thread: Ebay sellers

Ebay sellers

I was wondering if ebay sales were up or down with virus lock down?. Then with buyer are you spending more or less on cards?

It's hard to say for me. I think it might be about the same. Seems like some things sell for more than I thought they would and others for less.

The biggest difference is I have time to actually list things that I want to get rid of.

People are definitely still spending money!!
    Brad Ziegler 344/649Wantlist Click Here
    RC's & Autos Of Mike Trout,Aaron Judge,Matt Olson,Matt Chapman,Ronald Acuna,Juan Soto, Jose Altuve,Khris Davis,Mookie Betts,Christian Yelich,Bryce Harper, Ramon Laureano,Vladimir Guerrero Jr.,Fernando Tatis Jr.,Pete Alonso,Anthony Rendon
    Football Shaquem Griffin & Alabama Crimson Tide players
    Boxing/MMA- Micky Ward, Gina Carano

If their unemployed because of the current issue....spending less or nothing....I'm retired and I'm spending a little more on ebay as it saves on going to the supermarket. Dish washing liquid, snacks, blades, etc. Best regards, David PS about the same on cards. PSS I get more of my food and goods on line with vons.
    Last edited by David K.; 03-30-2020 at 02:51 PM.
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Don't drink the Kool aid from anyone trying to rip you off with their high prices of unopen baseball products......or those people who say supply and demand......Parents is that all you learned in College?

I haven't been doing Ebay very long, but it seems like folks aren't afraid to buy right now. If you are sitting around your house doing nothing, why not pick up a card or two that you need.

I have seen a bunch of stuff fly out of "inventory" at discounted prices, but have also seen a lot of full price BIN's and some higher end cards sell as well. Guess it is all about what you have listed, and what others are looking for....
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    I haven't been doing Ebay very long, but it seems like folks aren't afraid to buy right now. If you are sitting around your house doing nothing, why not pick up a card or two that you need.

I have seen a bunch of stuff fly out of "inventory" at discounted prices, but have also seen a lot of full price BIN's and some higher end cards sell as well. Guess it is all about what you have listed, and what others are looking for....
    I've had a number of BIN's go off in the last couple of weeks. Some of which have been up for a long time.

I've been doing mostly BIN's because I wasn't sure how going the auction route would work out if people weren't buying. Don't really want to give my stuff away if you know what I mean.
    RC's & Autos Of Mike Trout,Aaron Judge,Matt Olson,Matt Chapman,Ronald Acuna,Juan Soto, Jose Altuve,Khris Davis,Mookie Betts,Christian Yelich,Bryce Harper, Ramon Laureano,Vladimir Guerrero Jr.,Fernando Tatis Jr.,Pete Alonso,Anthony Rendon

Quote Originally Posted by dan5 View Post
    I've had a number of BIN's go off in the last couple of weeks. Some of which have been up for a long time.

I've been doing mostly BIN's because I wasn't sure how going the auction route would work out if people weren't buying. Don't really want to give my stuff away if you know what I mean.
    I only do non sports so that's all I know anything about. I bought only one card this month and won it about $25 less than what I thought it should have sold for. Then three cards I was watching were pulled a day before the auction end, why I don't know. I did notice a couple of cards were relisted at a higher price. Strange times.

Quote Originally Posted by budd2222 View Post
    I only do non sports so that's all I know anything about. I bought only one card this month and won it about $25 less than what I thought it should have sold for. Then three cards I was watching were pulled a day before the auction end, why I don't know. I did notice a couple of cards were relisted at a higher price. Strange times.
    Yeah, the sellers probably pulled them because they weren't going for as much as they thought they would. If you ask me that's kind of a risk. From my experience most bidding happens in the last 5 minutes of the auction. I had one end last night that was only at $24.50 and in the last couple minutes bumped up to and sold for $43.50.

And then the seller could be under quarantine or live in a lock down city. Some buyers only think about themselves and give a neg. feedback for any reason. In that case I can see them pulling any auctions or other sales.

Most people understand...if the seller tells them....cannot be shipped at this time because of quarantine. Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Don't drink the Kool aid from anyone trying to rip you off with their high prices of unopen baseball products......or those people who say supply and demand......Parents is that all you learned in College?