Two cards sharing identical serial number - 2008 Finest Gold Refractors 1/50

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akamikey2001

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Have you ever owned or seen two of the same cards sharing identical serial numbers ?

I have 2 2008 Finest Refractors Gold #103 1/50. I had one in my collection and obtained one in a collection knowing it was just /50. This is very odd. I have heard of finest messing up print runs with card numbers and non serial numbered gold refractors (see link below for interesting read) producing many more then stated. What are your thoughts ?

1996 Finest Refractors #G145 Greg Maddux
https://basecardhero.com/internet-collecting-1996/

014.jpg
015.jpg

001.jpg
002.jpg

Last edited:
I notice a color difference (at least in photos) in the swoosh under topps finest, any clue there?

I don't see any difference in hand or under a light on color. The card on the left the d /50 is on the line and the one on right is above the line is all i noticed. I took a few more pic but can't upload them right now for some reason.

Plus I remember the Bench did a case break of 2008 UD Heroes....and there was one card serial 55 of 50. Best regards, David

How in the heck does that happen? lol. So in theory there is 51/50 52/50 53/50 and 54/50 floating around.

I notice a color difference (at least in photos) in the swoosh under topps finest, any clue there?

Added a few more pic. I would say it's in the lighting making the swoosh look different in color. Looks the same in hand.

Looks like tomorrow is his birthday! Happy B-Day, Maddux........Yeah, that's on Topps, those cards are identical..........QC is not their main priority.........

Looks like tomorrow is his birthday! Happy B-Day, Maddux........Yeah, that's on Topps, those cards are identical..........QC is not their main priority.........

Good observation on the b-day. Found a handful of cards i could use from you. Sending you a pm.

I have two 1996 Pinnacle Big Bang refractor of Chipper Jones Braves........two of them 111/600 and 111/600! Best regards, David PS checking to see if I have anyone else like this......I have close to 200 or more of the big bang refractors....Best regards, David

Last edited: