A Jumbo Box of Bowman Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaxbraves

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Just check the site of the online store I usually buy from. For a Jumbo Box of 2020 Bowman Baseball they want $599.00
and for a Hobby Box they want $329.00. To me this is not a high end product. It's a nice product but does not warrant that
kind of price. Supply and demand may have something to do with this but until Hobby Store get their heads on straight
I will not be buying anymore products. Have not bough a blaster in awhile so I hope they haven't sky rocketed.

I would say this isn't the Hobby Stores they have to mark up some of the prices based on what Topps charges them. Look at how much Gypsy Queen has gone up and that is even less of a high end product than Bowman. For whatever reason something is driving prices up to where most people are going to be left buying retail and where the Hobby Shops do take blame is a lot of them have taken up the practice of going to buy up the retail and then sell it in the shops which leaves those that would like to buy retail empty handed or paying $10 more for a current blaster or for that matter look at 2018 Topps Update Blasters and how much they are selling for on the main internet sellers. I didn't collect for a little while so I missed the 18 RC so when I started back up in February I bought some 18 Update Blasters for $69 they are now almost double that without any baseball being played. In the past products spike because of how well a player is doing, Acuna's 18 Update since February has gone up twice from a base of $40 to now $80 and people are paying insane prices for Jason Dominguez cards and he has yet to even have an at bat at the minor league level.

I've noticed unopened prices on any type of boxes in general have gone way up. I sometimes buy cheap boxes on DACardWorld, BlowoutCards, or SteelCityCollectibles, and almost all of those cheap boxes have doubled in price.

I'm guessing it has to do with the pandemic?

Scobes

I also wonder if the 3rd party distributors that are supposed to be supplying Target and Walmart have started to sell to those companies for example when I bought the 18 Update Blaster Steele City Collectibles was the only ones that even had the product in stock in February 2020 now all 3 do because they are making a killing so they have either started the practice of holding back stock or a distributor has held back stock as it isn't like they should still be getting 2018 product from Topps directly.

Holy crap! It is a good thing I don't buy current wax or I could no longer call sports cards "my inexpensive hobby". In a hobby that is dying and a near complete buyer's market it is unfathonable to me that anyone would consider buying cards at those prices. What is in these boxes anyways, Babe Ruth' GU underwear or something?

The card companys are screwing the local hobby stores by allocating stock and selling more to breakers. This is Topps being greedy and not caring about the end user customers. I hear now that 2020 Topps series 2 is going to double in cost this year too. I think Topps is trying to set themselves up as the direct seller for all products.

The card companys are screwing the local hobby stores by allocating stock and selling more to breakers. This is Topps being greedy and not caring about the end user customers. I hear now that 2020 Topps series 2 is going to double in cost this year too. I think Topps is trying to set themselves up as the direct seller for all products.

A pre-order case of Topps Series 2 Jumbo boxes is currently going for $1300. That is $800 more than I paid for my Series 1 case. No way I can justify paying those prices for cards.

I've noticed unopened prices on any type of boxes in general have gone way up. I sometimes buy cheap boxes on DACardWorld, BlowoutCards, or SteelCityCollectibles, and almost all of those cheap boxes have doubled in price.

I'm guessing it has to do with the pandemic?

Scobes

Nothing to do with the pandemic - it is just pure insanity/greed somewhere along the line.

A pre-order case of Topps Series 2 Jumbo boxes is currently going for $1300. That is $800 more than I paid for my Series 1 case. No way I can justify paying those prices for cards.

Completely agree - have been saying this since the 2019 releases of baseball and basketball. The "normal" collector is being priced out by the breakers and the speculators. If Target ever raises their blaster prices, I will end up just buying complete sets for $60 and not care about not getting a $5 autograph of a no name and a GU jersey card of anyone worth $3. It is a shame to, since my son and I have really been enjoying breaking boxes for the past 4 or 5 years.

Don't buy from theses idiots....trying to get two to four times their money back! Best regards, David PS remember the TP....and now its baseball cards.....then it will be basketball cards and then, etc, etc.

I really don't understand how series 2 is going to cost more than series 1. They haven't played any games so it's not like they can add in a new crop of rookies. The only guy that I can think of that's a rookie that will be worth anything in the series 2 is Luis Robert.

I really don't understand how series 2 is going to cost more than series 1. They haven't played any games so it's not like they can add in a new crop of rookies. The only guy that I can think of that's a rookie that will be worth anything in the series 2 is Luis Robert.

It could be the novelty of the set. The only pandemic series of cards. I don't know but I'm with you on the lack of big rookies that will be in the series. I also saw a jumbo box of series 1 going for north of $200. That is ridiculous as well.

That's right just ignore me! Drink the Kool aid and I'll be moving from this site to a better place.....One with a working TM. Best regards, David PS I'm sure the free auto contest will be a hit!

That's right just ignore me! Drink the Kool aid and I'll be moving from this site to a better place.....One with a working TM. Best regards, David PS I'm sure the free auto contest will be a hit!

May I recommend:
https://www.blowoutforums.com/

They will love you over there ;)

I'm not optimistic about the "THE BENCH" being here for too much longer....unless someone is able to take over, which I hope this is the case....This is by far the best trading site or at least it was

May I recommend:
https://www.blowoutforums.com/

They will love you over there ;)

I'm not optimistic about the "THE BENCH" being here for too much longer....unless someone is able to take over, which I hope this is the case....This is by far the best trading site or at least it was

Just joined Blowout....going to check them out. Still trade on SCF and it ok. I know a lot of members trade there also.
I have one issue with them which has still not been addressed after posting twice about it. But it still works.
Really sorry the Bench is going the way it is. Love the site but it look like it's down hill now.

Just joined Blowout....going to check them out. Still trade on SCF and it ok. I know a lot of members trade there also.
I have one issue with them which has still not been addressed after posting twice about it. But it still works.
Really sorry the Bench is going the way it is. Love the site but it look like it's down hill now.

I am hoping that The Bench is able to right itself and get back to being the best place to trade on the internet. But at the same time, I have joined a couple of other sites - Blowout and SCF. To me SCF is the better of the two sites - seems much friendlier to collectors/traders like me. Those that are more interested in building their collections and not their bottom line. Just my humble opinion.

But getting back to card prices....only cards I have busted lately were in bags of Utz Chips. Can't beat the price for a pack, and you get 12 bags of chips with it!

I am hoping that The Bench is able to right itself and get back to being the best place to trade on the internet. But at the same time, I have joined a couple of other sites - Blowout and SCF. To me SCF is the better of the two sites - seems much friendlier to collectors/traders like me. Those that are more interested in building their collections and not their bottom line. Just my humble opinion.

But getting back to card prices....only cards I have busted lately were in bags of Utz Chips. Can't beat the price for a pack, and you get 12 bags of chips with it!

Yes, let's believe that the Bench can be saved!

Scobes

The problem for me with joining another site is having to start over. I have (almost) 8 years at the Bench and being a 'newbie' again on SCF or one of these other sites is just not appealing right now. I know you have to put your time in but I've done that at Peggy's long ago and I'm just to the point where I'm feeling like a member at the Bench.

The problem for me with joining another site is having to start over. I have (almost) 8 years at the Bench and being a 'newbie' again on SCF or one of these other sites is just not appealing right now. I know you have to put your time in but I've done that at Peggy's long ago and I'm just to the point where I'm feeling like a member at the Bench.

Honestly, that was my biggest fear/hesitation as well, starting over. But based on the number of familiar names that I see, especially on SCF, it really doesn't feel any different at all. Only thing will be getting used to navigating the site, which is just a little different. But that shouldn't take too long.

Again - hoping The Bench can be resurrected and we can all continue here as a big, happy family.

Do these high prices have anything to do with factory shut downs due to the Coronavirus which makes these issues legitimately short printed? I started a topic on this a little over a month ago wondering if potential factory shut downs would cause the supply of 2020 sports cards to be much lower than normal and therefore demanding a higher price than in preivious years..

You can bring your bench points over to SCF so you won't be labeled a newbie