Price of Topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazy prices that i cant afford they are saying the bowman is due to the rookie class the jasson dominguez kid is going for almost 100 non auto

This is a topic that has been brought up a lot lately. Not a good trend in terms of keeping "weekend" collectors and/or kids interested in the hobby.

Nice - $21.40 a pack (for you) what would a store (not that there's that many left) charge for 1 pack- $30 for 50 cards?

Kid: "Dad, can you buy me a pack of cards?"
Dad: "Uh son (or daughter), we need to save up some more we can't eat macaroni and cheese every night this week"

I believe it also has to do with Topps having the contract with MLB - in July of 2018, Topps gets an extension on exclusive rights until 2025. And the prices have gone up from there.

Crazy....

Last edited:
This isn’t changing anytime soon, if ever. They don’t care if you don’t buy a box. They want to sell the 30 cases to a breaker. Not to mention the demand for singles is sky high right now...go price some popular stuff on ebay if you haven’t lately. Even retail is crazy in the aftermarket, esp basketball

That may be - but it happened within what seems to be a very short period of time relatively speaking.