Something else to read before you post in here...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Studinski

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
This is from the Bench Trading FAQ.. It would be very wise to read and follow.

New Trading Policy 1-29-03
In an effort to keep traders safe from rip-off artists, we have come up with the following policy.

First of all everyone here should use good judgement when trading, if the trade sounds too good ask for references. Honest traders will not get offended (only the crooks do!!!)

Here is what we have come up with for high dollar trades.

Once a trade is in the works and both have agreed on what is being traded. A mediator will be contacted to assist in the trade.
The mediators will serve as a saftey cushion for the trade, both traders send their cards to the mediator insured with money to cover postage and insurance to complete the trade. When the mediator has both traders packages he will open and inspect them to make sure everything is there. He will then pack them back up and send on their way.

As you can see, if someone decides not to send the cards they agreed to, you will not end up losing your cards. Yes it will cost you and extra couple of bucks to ship the card twice, but you can be assured that you will not lose your cards to some crook.

If you are unsure about a trade and want to use the mediator but the other trader doesn't that should throw up a RED FLAG . If this does happen please contact a mediator and we will see why he doesn't want to do it.

Easy steps:

1) Agree on a trade and to use the mediator
2) Contact one of the mediators
3) Ship cards to mediator
4) Wait for your cards to show up

The following members are mediators:
Champs96ws
Meliah
Slavlite

If you choose not to use a mediator you are on your own

Thanks and Happy Trading!!

HASTER_CT

Last edited by a moderator:
If the mediators are for "suspect" people only, then I agree. But I for one won't send to a third party everytime I trade a card over $100. About half of my trades are high end, and that would double shipping costs and also double the shipment time. Like I said, if this policy is only for suspicious traders then I am all for it. I am sure I am not the only one that feels this way. I set aside a certain amount of money for cards, and turning $5 postage with inurance into $10 postage with insurance adds up when you do as many high end trades as I do. And there are two points to my comment about shipment time. First off, I am not a patient person....:) I like to get my card as soon as possible. Second point is that a lot of times I trade incoming cards, and having to ship cards to a third party only slows down pending trades too. Well, sorry for the ranting. Im all done.....:D

This policy is a bit geared towards trading with unestablished members. If you are an established member trading with another established member, you may choose not to take advantage of this service. However, be advised that if you make a high dollar trade without using a mediator and never receive your cards, there isn't much we can do to remedy the situation.

Mark

premium1981 said:
If the mediators are for "suspect" people only, then I agree. But I for one won't send to a third party everytime I trade a card over $100. About half of my trades are high end, and that would double shipping costs and also double the shipment time. Like I said, if this policy is only for suspicious traders then I am all for it. I am sure I am not the only one that feels this way. I set aside a certain amount of money for cards, and turning $5 postage with inurance into $10 postage with insurance adds up when you do as many high end trades as I do. And there are two points to my comment about shipment time. First off, I am not a patient person....:) I like to get my card as soon as possible. Second point is that a lot of times I trade incoming cards, and having to ship cards to a third party only slows down pending trades too. Well, sorry for the ranting. Im all done.....:D

He also said this:
If you choose not to use a mediator you are on your own

It's not mandatory.

Jesse! :eek:

This option was in place long before the "New Trader" rules went into effect, I imagine there is less need when the scam artists can't do a quick "hit and run" on The Bench.