Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How much does it cost to run this site?

This is a great site. Thanks Pete!
    My Wants: Star and Semi-Star autos. Or I can sell
    My Bucket:
    www.photobucket.com/yankeefreak211

Please have the courtesy to respond to PM's.

Now that hoops is over I live on this thing.
    Collecting All Yankees, Mariners, Brewers, Ryan Braun, Evan Longoria, David Wright, Albert Pujols Auto's

https://www.wepay.com/stores/nelball...ds-memorabilia

If you're looking to pre-buy boxes or cases let me know!

I spent more time on this site than any other. Thanks Pete for this site.

I didn't know about the Ebay link so I'll start using it. Thanks for the site !

No ones put any updates for nearly two years, how many people are now on the Bench? Did the cost go up? Any updates at all?

Here are some current stats
    Members: 9,341
    Threads: 366,919
    Completed Trades: 200720+ only reflects trades since trade manager was put in
    MY SITE/
    QUEST FOR 5000 TRADES CONTEST POSTED IN THE CONTEST FORUM.

Thanks for the free site Peter. It really is a pleasure to be a member of The Bench.

Dave

Manitowoc, Wisconsin-Home of The Roncalli Jets

Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer913 View Post
    Here are some current stats
    Members: 9,341
    Threads: 366,919
    Completed Trades: 200720+ only reflects trades since trade manager was put in
    Does The Bench delete members that havent been active in the last 5 years or that have never posted ect

Also doesn that number include banned members?

There's multiple references to a link so TheBench gets credit for bids placed on ebay but I can't find the actual link. Is it a secret link ? Seems like it should be more prominent, or at least easily findable. I found an old bookmark, is this the link ?.... http://www.ebay.com/?clk_rvr_id=320031219517

Does TheBench actually receive a nickel for every bid placed ? If not, what do "we" get ?

At a nickel a bid, for any and every bid (multiple bids on same item?), that could be A LOT of $$$. Shoot, could probably start a corporation and sell shares at that rate.
    Ripken wants:
    01 Leaf R&S Statistical Standouts gu on deck circle - Any besides solid white
    05 UD BB Heroes jsys bronze #11, emerald 11 & 14
    06 UD Epic Materials jerseys, dark green CR2, grey CR1 & 3, gold CR2

Just started the 1964 Topps baseball set. Only have Mantle and 30+ commons. Will trade just about anything I have so lmk what you have/need. Looking for exmt or better

When you type ebay

It is auto hyperlinked now by software.

So any thread that has "ebay" in it has the link you can use
    Maddux Numbers: 3618/10942 different Beckett Recognized cards33.6%GU-480 AU-28 1/1 - 39
    Maddux Master Needlist - Need anything listed

GU FT
    If you have Greg Maddux Topps Moments and Milestones FT, PLMK still need a bunch from 07 and 08 Base, Black, and Blue, and of course Red.

BSL Chicago Cubs Owner

Barry Sanders

Go to krazydecals732's ebay items

There are a few ebay specific banners. but as Nick mentioned we have new software in place that now adds ebay links automatically (not to mention other online merchants like amazon, newegg etc).

Ebay use to pay out per bid but that might have been 6+ years ago, just like the rest of the world things change. The site also started on a shared host for $15 a month and that changed as the site grew.

Quote Originally Posted by Champs96ws View Post
    There are a few ebay specific banners. but as Nick mentioned we have new software in place that now adds ebay links automatically (not to mention other online merchants like amazon, newegg etc).

Ebay use to pay out per bid but that might have been 6+ years ago, just like the rest of the world things change. The site also started on a shared host for $15 a month and that changed as the site grew.
    So does TheBench now receive anything when ebay is accessed through links in posts ?
    Ripken wants:
    01 Leaf R&S Statistical Standouts gu on deck circle - Any besides solid white
    05 UD BB Heroes jsys bronze #11, emerald 11 & 14
    06 UD Epic Materials jerseys, dark green CR2, grey CR1 & 3, gold CR2

Just started the 1964 Topps baseball set. Only have Mantle and 30+ commons. Will trade just about anything I have so lmk what you have/need. Looking for exmt or better

Barry Sanders

Go to krazydecals732's ebay items

Only if something is purchased.

Thanks for the hard work guys,.
    I've been going at this crazy hobby for 20 + years ,..

Thanks everyone!
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. First Contest of the New Year for Clayton Kershaw Auto/gu 24/30 2015 Topps Museum Collection this coming Saturday! Back to the regular rules!