Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Barry Sanders

Go to krazydecals732's ebay items

How did you find THE BENCH???

With the recent article in Beckett Baseball Card Plus, mentioning our site.

I would like to know how did you hear about our site?

Did a fellow trader mention it to you?
    Where you surfing the web and found it by accident?
    Newsgroups?

Let us know, always intresting to hear peoples stories!!!!

Thanks,

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

i heard about the site on another trading forum form some one i traded with i thought i would give it a shot and from the looks it was a good shot

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to squarefootcards's ebay items

Thumbs up how?

i really can't recall, but i am gald i did find it. it have taken my collecting skill to another level
    THANKS,
    T3==TooTallToma
    in God we trust, America,
    lest not forget !!!
    bubble mailer/delivery confirmation..

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I was looking at an item for sale on ebay, and happened to look at the seller's "about me" page. It had a link to the Bench (mine does too now!). I had never traded on a forum before, and have been collecting a long time. So far I've been able to find a lot I'm looking for, and it's been great.
    I am an avid collector of the Titans, also Ashley Lelie, Adrian Peterson, Josh McCown, Jerry Porter, Jason McAddley, Patrick Ramsey, Josh Reed, Chad Johnson, Jake Delhomme (Auto's only on Delhomme) and others.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to skmboader8's ebay items

i would have to be one of the people who were surfing the net looking for the QVC's card section and i found pete's site cards on the bench and clicked the link to this site and have been here ever since
    tsuyoshi Shinjo
    Kaz Matsui/Kazou Matsui
    Shawn Green

set needs
    http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebe...47#post2341547

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I was on Topps Forums, and a thread was named Check Out This Cool Site or something. I came and saw that it was pretty good. At the time there were only a few posts. It was empty here, but it grew to a great site. I am so glad. If it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have made 10 trades on Topps. Those boards were so messed up. No trades ever got completed.

Thanks Pete,
    Ron

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Bob Torba, Jr. - Bench HOF Member #8
    Facebook profile | Twitter: @bobtorba7

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Jeremy Giambi

Go to lprimus's ebay items

Same as NYJeterFan. I was browsing the newsgroup when you had posted your link to join the new site.

And haven't left since.....

Jason
    Collecting focus - Tony Gwynn, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi. But, will also take a look at tradelists to see if anything else catches my eye.
    Link to my tradelist: My Tradelist

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

My Journey....

I had read about e-flipping.com in the SCD one month and decided to check it out...On their site, they had some links to the top 50 sites forbaseball cards and The Bench was near the top....
    I checked out the site and the site of the month (Cards For Sets) and was hooked when I made my first deal with her... I had not posted 10 times when I was writing Pete wanting to be a moderator or get involved in any way possible...He told me to try it out a few days and then let him know what I thought....10 minutes later I was writing back...LOL.... Pete and I talked a lot in those first few days (as we still do today) and I have never looked back. Soon I was offered the Manager position and cannot ever say that I have enjoyed a "job" any more than this!! Then I met theis LPrimus fellow... Being that I work for a company called PRIMUS, I figured I might humor him with a trade... THat was the first of about 25 that I have completed with him...I am still after that site of the month...Problem is, I make so many trades I can barely keep the site current!!! LOL... I love finishing sets.....My own, my friends, yours....That was a Hint!!! I look forwards to watching this site continue to grow and soon see our 1000th member...then our 5000th!!!

Troy

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

the Bench

I made a trade on the yahoo clubs with Mr. Hershey and he invited me to the Bench. Ever since I have really enjoyed trading with all of you.

Rob

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Bob (NyJeterfan) recommended the site to me as I was always looking for trades.He was right in that this site is by far the best one out there.If not for him,I would still have the same wantlist with few changes to it.Now I have to update almost daily.Is this a good thing or bad thing? I would have to say that though it is sometimes tedious,it is well worth it.I have now found a place where not only can I trade,but I have met some wonderful people that are collection oriented and not always in a sell mode.We all are able to enhance our collections and get our wantlists filled for much less than trying to buy all the boxes yourself and ending up with tons of dupes.Yes,we have to come out of pocket to buy stuff to trade with etc but I have found that I am spenidng less and collecting more.
    -Frank-
    No longer collecting or trading.Just haning around here for the conversation.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to trammellfan3's ebay items

I found it through the top 50 sites. I had visited alot of sites.
    Wont name them & always thought about joining one but there always seemed like all they wanted to do on them was argue and 1 up the other person. So I came here there wasnt alot of traders at that time and gave it a chance. I have to say I have had a great time here.First thing I do when I get up in the morning last thing I do before I go to bed.Even though my wife thinks I spend to much time here. But hey it keeps me off the streets.
    Thanks everyone for all you do.
    Doug
    Always Looking For Tigers Cards.............
    Most Wanted.. Al Kaline, Matt Manning, Alan Trammell
    They are only cards if you get something you want and I get something I want does book value really matter ?????

Back & Trading Part Time....

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Jeremy Giambi

Go to lprimus's ebay items

Originally posted by trammellfan
    I found it through the top 50 sites. I had visited alot of sites.
    Wont name them & always thought about joining one but there always seemed like all they wanted to do on them was argue and 1 up the other person. So I came here there wasnt alot of traders at that time and gave it a chance. I have to say I have had a great time here.First thing I do when I get up in the morning last thing I do before I go to bed.Even though my wife thinks I spend to much time here. But hey it keeps me off the streets.
    Thanks everyone for all you do.
    Doug
    Heh. Same here. My wife thinks I'm nuts!
    Collecting focus - Tony Gwynn, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi. But, will also take a look at tradelists to see if anything else catches my eye.
    Link to my tradelist: My Tradelist

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Saw a post on the beckett.com forums about the site, and I joined, and I am glad I did!
    Collecting Mookie Betts, Freddie Freeman, Julio Teheran, Ryan Klesko, Jesse Hahn, and Atlanta Braves