Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tips for sending for TTM Autos

Tips for sending for TTM Autos

Well a few people just asked me what do I send, what do I say, ect., and rather then typing it over and over, Ill just post it here...

FOr starters, make sure the person you are sending to signs. I hate it when I send to someone and set it back RTS.

Secondly, when you write to them, dont go on a rant. Keep it kinda short. Normally I say this below....
    Dear Mr xxxx,
    I was wondering if you could please sign the enclosed card for me? I collect autos of retired sports stars and I'd like to add this to my collection If possible, can you please personalize it to me?
    Thanks & God bless
    Butch

(PS: I enclosed a Bible tract for you I hope the verses in it can somehow be a blessing.)

that fits on a 3x5 index card, so it cuts down the shipping to one stamp .

Now ALWAYS send a sase. I know some that dont and they wonder why they dont get anything back.

Send a card that you can lose. Sometimes they wont send it back or somtimes it can get lost in the mail. Dont send anything you dont wanna lost. Nrmally I send cards from the 80s and back. They are easy to write on and they are WAY over produced.

Well thats all I can think of right now. if you have any questions, ask......
    Isaiah 40:31 : But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

CHECK OUT MY WEBIDZ AUCTIONS! 22,000+ CARDS FROM ALL SPORTS
    Check out my TTM Auto SASE breaks now on YouTube

Butch,
    Thanks for the info!
    Brian

envelopes

I havn't officially started TTMs yet. But I am prepared with this right now. Let me know if I am headed in the wrong direction.

A small envelope that doesn't need to be licked (sticker adhesive)(sase). With an index card letter (handwritten). Put these 2 things with the card to be signed in a #10 envelope. =0)
    Working on TTMs exclusively. Selling all #ed and GU. And getting rid of base cards. Let me know what you are looking for.
    -! Going to work on 2006 Finest !-
    Check out my new site ! Last updated 2/20/06
    Email -PenguinContact@gmail.com
    AIM - PenguinContact

What about the case that the cards are placed inside of? I saw one person mention that they sent a top load and the player signed the outside of the top loader (my apologies for who posted that, I forget which one I was reading). Top load with poly or just top load (doubtful on just top load due to ease of shifting card)

Has anyone tried Billy Williams? One address I found said to send it c/o HOF. That was my dad's fav player, and it would be neat to have him sign something!
    Looking for singles? I have all years of Topps Heritage, Plenty of '06 and '07 products.
    08 Products: Topps Chrome/Heritage, Bowman/Chrome, A&G. Contact me for singles!
    I have thousands of Chicago Cubs from base to GU/auto cards. Always want Sandberg cards (esp. recent).

Stp
    some ust dont card what they sign LOL.

As for Williams, check my success lists... I believe he is on there
    Isaiah 40:31 : But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

CHECK OUT MY WEBIDZ AUCTIONS! 22,000+ CARDS FROM ALL SPORTS
    Check out my TTM Auto SASE breaks now on YouTube

I put the cards between two index cards

a friend of mine used to inclose a $1.00 scratch off lottery ticket,thanking
    them for there time.
    ken
    PLEASE,do not send me cards that have nasty print marks or factory defects.From now on,these will receive a 1 for condition & communication.
    I prefer padded mailers,but non-machined PWEs
    are fine for small trades.
    ken
    PC
    http://s807.photobucket.com/albums/y...orkchopscards/
    http://www.freewebs.com/alienporkchopscards/

Quote Originally Posted by porkchops
    a friend of mine used to inclose a $1.00 scratch off lottery ticket,thanking
    them for there time.
    ken
    that is illegal BTW

Below is a sample of a letter I generally use in request of an autograph. Please use it and you will see your collection double, maybe even triple.

Dear Mr./Mrs. Jones,
    I am a great fan of you. I have followed you throughout your career and think you have made a great contribution to the sport of (what ever sport they are involved in) (You may want to include some memory you have of them here, ex. I remember when you hit the game winning homerun in the 96 WS.)
    I would be greatly honored if you would find the time to sign the enclosed card(s) for me(i usually send 3). You will notice there are three cards included. Please keep one for yourself if you wish. All I ask is that you sign two for me.
    I appreciate your time.
    Sincerely,
    Terrell

Quote Originally Posted by StevieBreech View Post
    I am a great fan of you.
    You may want to consider correcting this to "I am a great fan of yours." to be grammatically correct.
    1500+ card autograph collection - Most are FT!

Collecting the 1965 & 1968 Topps baseball sets.

Building these autographed sets: 1983: Fleer; 1984: Donruss; 1990: Topps Traded; 2008: Bowman Chr Prosp, Bowman Chr Draft, Razor, Just Minors, Tristar PROjections; 2010: Topps Pro Debut

I'm strongly considering expanding into this branch of the hobby. Anybody know where I can get some addresses of some former phillies?

Quote Originally Posted by tkiker View Post
    I'm strongly considering expanding into this branch of the hobby. Anybody know where I can get some addresses of some former phillies?
    You missed Butch's Sticky post: http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebe...d.php?t=160299

I'd definitely start there.
    1500+ card autograph collection - Most are FT!

Collecting the 1965 & 1968 Topps baseball sets.

Building these autographed sets: 1983: Fleer; 1984: Donruss; 1990: Topps Traded; 2008: Bowman Chr Prosp, Bowman Chr Draft, Razor, Just Minors, Tristar PROjections; 2010: Topps Pro Debut

Thanks.

Good stuff. Thanks!

Shep

Set Needs: Please check my "set needs" on the home page of my www

Players collected: Starling Marte/Austin Meadows/Andrew McCutchen/Neil Walker. Will take Jack Wilson and Larry Fitzgerald (For my son!)

I can sometimes be slow to respond. Please be patient! This is a hobby! http://shepherd15.webstarts.com/

Do you guys always send cards? Or is it better to just send a letter because I have heard many players wont sign cards. Let me know please.

Thanks guys!

Adam