Musial/Sandberg Update - Frosty's GQ Leather Mini Project (HEAVY SCANS!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrostyCollects

Prospect
03/01/13 UPDATE

Long overdue update! Here's the batch of the last dozen examples: Alex Gordon, Jhonny Peralta, Russell Martin, Alexei Ramirez, Kelly Johnson, Stan Musial (RIP), Nick Markakis, Carlos Quentin, Ryne Sandberg, Miguel Tejada, Adam Wainwright and Trevor Cahill. Now just 13 away from 50% complete.

minor-update-2013.jpg
nov12-scans1.jpg

minor-update-2013-b.jpg
nov12-scans2.jpg

====================
09/20/12 UPDATE

Well, it's been quite a while since my last update but I finally hit a new milestone, that is, 150 leather minis! Here's the newest batch of 13: Dale Murphy, R.A. Dickey, Hank Conger, Jason Vargas, Zack Greinke, Barry Larkin, Ryan Dempster, Rafael Furcal, Alex Gonzalez, Jose Bautista, Roy Campanella, Angel Pagan and Neftali Feliz. Thanks to everyone who helped me make more progress on this insane project. Now on to 175 which would make the set 50% complete!

sept12-scans1.jpg

sept12-scans2.jpg

====================
05/19/12 UPDATE

Will Frosty ever give up on this project? NEVER! :D

Here's yet another dozen of new additions. I wouldn't have this big of an update if it hadn't been for Dan (greyminis) who has been patiently helping me out on this project for several months. He has decided to let go of the last 8 examples I needed for my set and has my eternal gratitude for that. Thank you, Dan! :) I'm beyond stoked to have finally added Buster Posey and Lou Gehrig to this difficult set. :cool:

Included: Duke Snider, Mitch Moreland, Evan Longoria, Ben Revere, Ian Kennedy, Buster Posey, Kyle Drabek, Ike Davis, Lou Gehrig, Aubrey Huff, Brandon Morrow and Brian Roberts

may12-front.jpg

may12-back.jpg

====================
04/13/12 UPDATE

They just keep a-comin'! :D

This update brings the total to 125. Just 50 more to reach the halfway mark of 175. I want to thank everyone who's contributed to this project.

Includes Jered Weaver, Nolan Ryan, Walter Johnson, Travis Wood, Heath Bell, Madison Bumgarner, Jake Arrieta, Joba "Trampoline Champ" Chamberlain, Miguel Montero, Jeremy Jeffress, Matt Cain & Sean Rodriguez

apr12-front.jpg

apr12-back.jpg

====================
03/29/12 UPDATE

March's almost over but not without a big update! This has to be one of the happiest updates I'd ever make in a long time... Like Ripken Jr, I wasn't sure if I would be able to get Derek Jeter...because of how tough it would be to get any of his low-#ed SPs due to immense popularity...but I somehow managed to get him! :D Also very happy to add two more Tigers to this set. And I want to thank everyone who's contributed to this fun project! Please enjoy! Already working hard on the April update!

Included: Justin Verlander, Derek Jeter, Frank Robinson (Orioles), Bobby Abreu, Brennan Boesch, David DeJesus, Mark Teixeira, Roy Oswalt, Erik Bedard, Colby Lewis, Denard Span and Hunter Pence.

march12-front.jpg

march12-back.jpg

====================
02/27/12 UPDATE

G'aft everyone! Big update! Made it past 100...that's a nice milestone. 2 HOFers...#42 Jackie Robinson and Cal Ripken Jr! :D :D I never thought I'd get Ripken Jr for my set anytime soon considering how aggressive those player collectors are. I also want to thank everybody who has helped me get this far in the project and I'm very grateful for that. Hope you enjoy this update!

Included: Cameron Maybin, Jackie Robinson, Jason Bartlett, Ted Lilly, Jose Reyes, Daniel Bard, Cal Ripken Jr (did I really get him? Daaamn) & Brian Bogusevic.

feb12-more1.jpg

feb12-more2.jpg

====================
02/13/12 UPDATE

Hi again...here's a big February update. 12 more additions to make it a total of 93. Includes CC Sabathia, Gary Carter, David Ortiz, Chad Billingsley, Mat Latos, Tommy Hanson, Robinson Cano, Alex Rodriguez, Felix Hernandez, Clayton Kershaw, Ryan Ludwick & Derrek Lee. Enjoy!

feb12-scans1.jpg

feb12-scans2.jpg

====================
01/23/12 UPDATE

Another small January update...four more: Carl Yastrzemski, Ryan Zimmerman, Jed Lowrie & Alex Rios. Always ectastic whenever I get a HOFer for the set! Grind, grind, grind...

jan12-scans3.jpg

jan12-scans4.jpg

--------------------
01/07/12 UPDATE

Happy New Year, everyone! Here's a small group of four more to start off 2012: Sandy Koufax, Mel Ott, C.J. Wilson & Grady Sizemore. Always looking for more!

jan12-scans1.jpg

jan12-scans2.jpg

--------------------
12/15/11 UPDATE

Here are 8 more since the last update: Jeremy Hellickson (ROY), Greg Halman (RIP), Joakim Soria, Martin Prado, Ty Wigginton, Andruw Jones, Mark Buehrle & Jake McGee. Grind, grind, grind.... Anyone happens to have leather minis for sale/trade...PLEASE let me know!

dec11-scans1.jpg

dec11-scans2.jpg

--------------------
11/22/11 UPDATE

Picked up a dozen more leather minis since the last update. Includes Todd Helton, Garrett Jones, Johnny Mize (Cardinals), Frank Robinson (Reds), Shin-Soo Choo, Austin Jackson, Josh Willingham, George Sisler (Braves), Carl Crawford, Stephen Drew, Brian Wilson & Tony Gwynn.

Thanks to everyone who helped me progress further on this set! If anyone has such leather minis, please do let me know and we can work something out!

nov11-scans1.jpg

nov11-scans2.jpg

--------------------
10/24/11

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd start posting what I've been picking up recently for my big project, that is, finding all 350 leather minis #ed either 01/10 or 10/10. Crazy, I know...but I want to give it a shot! :)

Here are 7 leather minis (and 1 sepia mini) I got in the mail during the past several days. I want to thank greyminis big-time for letting me have some of his examples, especially the Mick. Very much appreciated! :D

If anyone has such minis, please do PM me!

october-gq1.jpg

october-gq2.jpg

====================
PREVIOUS PICKUPS

http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebench/showthread.php?t=383625

Last edited:
Good Luck on your set! I'm into my 7th year of trying to finish a 100 player set limited to only 10 of each player! I'm at about 75%...Hopefully..you won't have any hogs in your way! Best regards, David

great job so far. Seems like a challange. How many cards are in the set? Good luck with the rest. When you are done it will be one really sweet set!

Its easy the first few years...but it can become tiresome and some years you get one or none! Best regards. David

I'm already past 20% complete. I didn't start this thread until later and might start a separate thread showing what I picked up prior to what you see above.

I am keenly aware how difficult this would be to complete in the long run but I want this unique challenge anyhow. Very passionate about it. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else!

12/15/11 Hellickson Update

Please go to the first post for the 12/15/11 update:

showthread.php

Happy Holidays!

How many more do you need? I pick up one of my 2003 timeless treasures gold cards serial to only 10! So I have 75 of the players from a set of 100! So I'm at 75%. Best regards, David

That set would be hard to complete with any serial number of the 10. It is amazing how many you have found just #'d 1/10 or 10/10 already. It has to be a little disheartening to find one and then realize it's #3/10 or some other number. Have you picked those up for future trade, by chance, or to have in case you decide to expand the serial numbers to any of the 10?

Those are the numbers people often want to exploit a premium for too, so it stands to reason a few will disappear into permanent collections or will be held hostage for over the top prices.

Good Luck, it's a nice looking card set and would look amazing completed.

Nice stuff! It's pretty cool that EVERY single one I see here is either the first serial #ed or the last (1 of 10 or 10 of 10). If you could do the whole set like that, it would be quite an accomplishment.