Flea Market/Garage and yard sale finds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camsue

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Feel free to post your finds here the following is a deal I got today at a local market. All for 45 complete sets thought it was a very good deal

1986 Donruss Baseball
1986 Topps Baseball
1988 Donruss Baseball
1988 Fleer Baseball
1988 Topps Baseball
1988 Topps Baseball
1989 Donruss Baseball
1989 Topps Baseball
1989 Bowman Baseball "Factory" Set
1990 Donruss Baseball Set w/Errors
1990 Topps Baseball Set
1990 Fleer Baseball
1990 Donruss Baseball Plus 26 MVP SET
1990 Score Baseball
1990 Proset Football
1991 Stadium Club Baseball
1992 Topps Gold Set in Pages & Binder
1993 Topps Baseball.......Derrick Jeter Rookie
1993 Topps Baseball.......Derrick Jeter Rookie
1995 Select Certified Football
1995 Select Certified Baseball
Proset Desert Storm
Topps Desert Storm
Pacific Desert Storm
Pacific Nolan Ryan Set

Nice buy! I think you'll more than get your money back on the 2 1995 Select Certified sets, the 2 1993 Topps sets, the 1992 Topps Gold and the 1991 Stadium Club set.

I think garage sales and flea markets are the only way to buy cards these days. New products are ridiculously priced and you get way more bang for your buck buying larger lots and collections. That is why I refer to card collecting as "my inexpensive hobby" these days.

If you ever decide to break up the 1995 Select Certified football set, lmk as there are some cards in it that I'd try to trade for.

Cool pickups - can't tell you the last time I was at a flea market and/or yard sale......

And I can barely remember when I've been to a card shop or a card show! I think the last show I was at was in 1996 to get Jim Brown's autograph in Albany, NY. As for card shops...wow...maybe 5 years ago and I got overcharged and never went back to it. Times have certainly changed for this hobby.

And I can barely remember when I've been to a card shop or a card show! I think the last show I was at was in 1996 to get Jim Brown's autograph in Albany, NY. As for card shops...wow...maybe 5 years ago and I got overcharged and never went back to it. Times have certainly changed for this hobby.

Wow is right. I've had a much different experience. I can't find anything at yard\estate sales or flea markets, but the local card shops (yes 2 within a 10 minute drive of my house) have great selections and great prices. There are also regular shows, one about an hour away and another 10 minutes away. I do the vast majority of my buying at the shops and shows.

I will let all you guys now what I intend to do once I get everything situated will be adding more in the next three weeks when I go back. There was another vendor there that was closed that had 5 dollar sets or 4 for 15. If any of you get to northeast Pennsylvania on a weds make sure to stop by the hometown farmers/flea market