Finally!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaybo374

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
After 16 years, I finally pieced together a 2002 Bowman Heritage base set. For those of you who don't know, this 440 card set has 110 SPs!! After the trading well dried on these SPs, I broke down and purchased the last 10 I needed on COMC and cardbarrell.

I hope to finish my 2008 Upper Deck Timeline base set - only need one more #379 Kershaw RC.

Thanks for listening.

Jay

Congrats! That sounds like a tough set to complete with 1/4 of it being SPs!!! Did this set take you longer to complete than the old Topps set where you needed the 2 white whales for a such a long time.

At least you take a long time to complete valuable sets. I have been working on a 1992 Action Packed football since at least 2001 when I started trading online. There are no SPs in the set, no key RCs and yet I still lack 7 cards that probably add up to $1.00 if I paid full book! This set is one of the originals that is still on a set want list email that I have been forwarding to online traders for nearly 2 decades. And when I do complete it, the set books for something like $15.00.........and everyone will be jealous that I own one. LMAO!!!

Congrats again on completing the set and having the stick-to-itivness to do so.

Congratulations - I have an appreciation for all of those folks who are chasing down and completing sets. Whether it be insert subsets or base sets - it isn't as easy as you would think it would be!

Congrats! Quite a feat! I wonder how many complete sets there are out there?!

Scobes

I checked EBAY and found only 1 complete set for sale. Oddly enough it was in a group of Bowman Heritage sets from 2001-2007 that were being sold as one lot. I doubt there are a whole lot of complete sets out there with the high number of SPs and collector's tendencies to move on to the next thing after the novelty of the previous product wears off.

What I love about being a set builder, especially with SPs, is feeling of accomplishment when a set is complete.

Thanks for the feedback.

After 16 years, I finally pieced together a 2002 Bowman Heritage base set. For those of you who don't know, this 440 card set has 110 SPs!! After the trading well dried on these SPs, I broke down and purchased the last 10 I needed on COMC and cardbarrell.

I hope to finish my 2008 Upper Deck Timeline base set - only need one more #379 Kershaw RC.

Thanks for listening.

Jay

16 years, wow! Congrats friend!

Completely agree....02 Bowman Heritage is a brutal set to complete. I've been sitting on 2 needs for the last 5 years without luck (Richie Ashburn 54 Bowman reprint and 82 Mike Rosamond SP - Astros minor leaguer who never made the show) and I started it upon release in 2002! I'm halfway thinking that I'm going to finish my 1954 Bowman set before I finish this one! I think Mike N (Bonzomoretti) bought an entire wax box to try and find the last Mets SP card that he needed a few years ago.....hearty congratulations! -- Jim

After I finish a few more sets, I’m going to complete the SPs for the 2001 Bowman Heritage set.

Thanks for the encouragement.