Is This For Real No Joke USPS To Close Down By June Due To CV19 (Off Note)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polar Bear 67

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Just got this notice from Social Security that they will be ceasing operaations in June.
We live off our Social Security and do not see the humor in this at all.
Any buddy else get their meds and Social Security Here??
Bear

This is being reported right now on MSNBC as well without their funding USPS will be closing by June
Bear

I do not start rumors nor do like this but when i received the email from SS and then seeing it on MSNBC it bothers me and will now not say anything else about this.
I just asked a question and will leave it at that
Bear

USPS closing down or SS? According to several news sources, if the USPS doesn't get their funding they could close down in June. I didn't see anything about SS, if you receive a paper check then that will affect you but if you get direct deposit there should not be an interruption of your pay.

USPS closing down or SS? According to several news sources, if the USPS doesn't get their funding they could close down in June. I didn't see anything about SS, if you receive a paper check then that will affect you but if you get direct deposit there should not be an interruption of your pay.

They have been talking about USPS over the years ...how its losing money.......remember they even talked about ending mail on Saturday. Best regards, David

"Today, the Postal Service is just as essential: It delivers about 1 million lifesaving medications each year and serves as the only delivery link to Americans living in rural areas. Not to mention all the sports card collectors who trade cards across the country and also send out cards to athletes for autographs. Working with other delivery services like UPS, the agency supports $1.7 trillion in sales and 7.3 million private sector workers year, and this year will prove essential to delivering the 2020 Census to citizens as well as any vote-by-mail initiatives. The USPS is the federal government’s most favorably viewed agency, with an approval rating of 90%.

Yet once again, the USPS is in crisis mode.

With a negative net worth of $65 billion and an additional $140 billion in unfunded liabilities, the USPS originally expected to run out of liquidity by 2021 without intervention. That has accelerated rapidly because of COVID-19. Fewer people and businesses are sending mail because of the outbreak, which could hasten the decline of the Postal Service and close its doors as early as June, officials warned."

I'm still doing my best by mailing out Easter cards and PWE out to the Bench members then even though I'm retired from the government. Best regards, David PS IRS

Last edited:
David
Nice email today from a Senator from my state that have been in my business for years today.
I ran a salvage business of auto;s and trk parts and sold to the public and his family was one of my best customers and said he would be talking to another Senator who i grew up with their family .
She held a town hall last night to talk about the CV19 but said she would also look into this closing down the PO by June if they don;t get the funding needed.
Bear

As a former employee of the usps. I can tell you for sure. that it will not shut. down as it is as important to the American people just like banks. they got bailed out and so will them if necessary. the usps is the only branch of the US Gov. that makes it own money. and does not have a budget like all the other branches of the gov. and yes it true they are losing money big time, due to companies like amazon. and they were in trouble when emails started. when was the last time you mailed a personal letter to someone.

this 2 and half trillion package which most are going to big corporations. none of this is going to the usps. so if the gov can bail then out they will save the usps. you can count on it. Larry

Nothing.....scams like to scare people into making big mistakes. Best regards, David

This is an accurate statement.

Without making this a political thread - news sells better when it is negative and not positive. The USPS isn't going anywhere. They are in the red because the government forces them to pre-fund retirement accounts by some ridiculous amount of years (10-15, I believe) which keeps it from being liquid. They will need cash infusions from time to time to keep them running, but total shutdown isn't going to happen. No more Saturday delivery and a potential rate hike, that is possible.