1 in today worlds record wait............

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragonslayer913

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Tim Salmon

c/o home address

1993 Donruss Rated Rookie
signed in blue sharpie

Sent 8/4/2005 (Had to look it up in my TTM notebook to find send date)
Received 4/19/2014
Turnaround 8 years 6 months and 15 days

*Notice the $0.37 stamp postage increased to $0.39 Jan of 2006
*I haven't lived in that Apt since 2007
*Was only engaged to my wife at the time

Thanks my neighbor who dropped it off to me

Last edited:
WOW, that has to be the longest I have ever heard on here, I do have a guy I used to trade with who got a success back after 13 years from Bobby Bonilla of all people, it must have gotten misplaced after a move or something, but man, 8 years is a winner! Gives me hope for all those I sent and wrote off after a year or two!

WOW, that has to be the longest I have ever heard on here, I do have a guy I used to trade with who got a success back after 13 years from Bobby Bonilla of all people, it must have gotten misplaced after a move or something, but man, 8 years is a winner! Gives me hope for all those I sent and wrote off after a year or two!

But you have to think why after 8 years does one decide to sign an auto request

But you have to think why after 8 years does one decide to sign an auto request

Yes, it is odd to say the least....I am thinking he just got around to old boxes of mail, another member just posted a return from him today, so I am guessing they went out in the same batch of returns. Signing habits change the same way stamp prices do I guess! Congrats anyway!

Yes, it is odd to say the least....I am thinking he just got around to old boxes of mail, another member just posted a return from him today, so I am guessing they went out in the same batch of returns. Signing habits change the same way stamp prices do I guess! Congrats anyway!

There was a player a few years back who sent out TTM requests after several years they happen to be cleaning out there
garage and discovered a box with all these requests sent them out and even paid for the additional postage and attached
a note with each request apologizing why they were so late in responding..but i can't remember who it was

Update did a google search lol it was Don Carman read this blog quite interesting

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2006/12/the_autograph_man.html

Last edited:
crazy, but really cool. I wonder how many of these get returned back to him as no longer at this address depending on how the requester did their SASE. I always put my address in the to and from line. I know many people have probably moved in the last eight years.