Any 1B on the block??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daryle Ward is available, I have no problem taking salary but if not of comparitive value I will compensation in a prospect.

I have a few 1B's if you want to check the Reds. Dmitri Young is my best one. He's in a platoon with Olmedo Saenz right now. I have a couple guys in the minors, but no real high-end options anywhere. Let me know if you're interested in any of these lower-end alternatives.

Last edited:
what type of prospect could I add to matthews jr.

I had in mind your top prospect in SP Eric Clark, but can give you back another prospect #132 CF Frank Morris.

Of course if the Orioles are serious you should jump all over that deal as it gives you a chance to dump Matthews for free.

Thanks for the offer but will look at other options
I had in mind your top prospect in SP Eric Clark, but can give you back another prospect #132 CF Frank Morris.

Of course if the Orioles are serious you should jump all over that deal as it gives you a chance to dump Matthews for free.

I have Nomar, Aurilia and Tony Clark sitting in AAA. I would swap any for Matthews but he has 3 years remaining at 10 per. So I can't do that.

I have 1B Hartley available.. He is signed to 4 yr extension with
a team option the last year. Great power numbers.. Let me know.

Thanks for the offer but will look at other options

Yes, I am in the same boat as Cory in saying that those three more years of $10.6m salary make taking the one-star 32 year old Matthews back not worth it without the kind of excess value a top line prospect brings. If you can find a way to absorb Ward's $8m salary otherwise we can talk.

Yeah nice contract assigned by the game but it pales to some extensions I have seen made
Yes, I am in the same boat as Cory in saying that those three more years of $10.6m salary make taking the one-star 32 year old Matthews back not worth it without the kind of excess value a top line prospect brings. If you can find a way to absorb Ward's $8m salary otherwise we can talk.

Yeah nice contract assigned by the game but it pales to some extensions I have seen made

I wish I could extend some players, but the owner is giving me $0. I would have had $28mil to play had the computer not drafted 3 1st baseman and gave them all hefty contracts.

I wish I could extend some players, but the owner is giving me $0. I would have had $28mil to play had the computer not drafted 3 1st baseman and gave them all hefty contracts.

Some owners will still allow extensions to be offered even if your next year's projected budget leaves zero room. You can try them in game and 'ask for response' It will prompt if the owner declines over-budget.