Found a weird error today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Journeyman

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Sorting sets and I came across this odd error card. Hoops Olden Polynice with a Curtis Joseph Pro Set Hockey back.
Anyone else see something similar out of Hoops or Pro Set? I’m guessing they used the same printing factory and there was a mix up.

Attachments

• IMG_4491.jpeg
    IMG_4491.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4492.jpeg
    IMG_4492.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4493.jpeg
    IMG_4493.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 5
I've never seen anything like that from any card company. I think you are correct in the 2 companies usiing the same faclity though. I cannot think of any other explnation for this.

The closest thing to this that I have come across is finding 1981 Topps Football cards in 1979 Topps football wrappers. I took them back to the dealer thinking they were tampered with. Turns out years later I found out Topps had run short of 1981 Topps football wrappers so they used some left over 1979 wrappers instead.

I'll be curious to see if anyone can come up with a different explanation for this than yours.

I've never seen anything like that from any card company. I think you are correct in the 2 companies usiing the same faclity though. I cannot think of any other explnation for this.

The closest thing to this that I have come across is finding 1981 Topps Football cards in 1979 Topps football wrappers. I took them back to the dealer thinking they were tampered with. Turns out years later I found out Topps had run short of 1981 Topps football wrappers so they used some left over 1979 wrappers instead.

I'll be curious to see if anyone can come up with a different explanation for this than yours.
I found a post somewhere that shows a hoops card with a pro set football card that claimed hoops used the Pro Set printing facility.