See...You can't trust anyone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

There was a package I never received from a member here. I know it wasn't his fault because we've dealt a number of times on here and another site. It was only a lot of base cards so not really that big of a deal but it does make me wonder if said package was one of the pieces of mail that were stolen.

“An investigation found that many other cards were missing, and four of them turned up at a sports memorabilia store where Robinson was caught on camera selling the cards in his postal uniform last year, according to prosecutors.”

What a MORON! LOL…

me and my local USPS mailman talk all the time about my cards in the mail…I told him I never ship anything expensive LOL…

Thanks Josh

I've sent stuff in the 1,000 dollar range a couple times and always had insurance but in doing so I was thinking insurance for possible damage I wasn't thinking much about the mail man stealing my goods lol I hate low lives it's why we all look at the people that it happens to like they did something wrong like *** WERE YOU THINKING SENDING THAT WITHOUT TRACKING AND INSURANCE HOW DARE YOU!!! But the actual bad actor seldom even makes it into the conversation lol I shouldn't have to worry about people putting their filthy hands on things that don't belong to them people should know that by the age of five. There are no victims anymore just morons that thought that people would leave their hands off of stuff that doesn't belong to them what about the bad actor? I guess their just doing what we have become socially tolerant of so they get no blame.

That's crazy!!!! I wonder if he was taking the ones that had a high declared insurance value? Not sure if that shows up on their little hand held scanner when they scan and mark the package delivered?

Billy

My question would be, how could he tell it was sports cards in the package or mailing? Maybe I'm ignorant...maybe they scan and can see? But, anyhow, I never divulge what I'm sending. And, I never pay for insurance. I have sent and traded for all sorts of 50s and 60s cards, and have never had an issue. Maybe we are just more trustworthy here in the Midwest.

My question would be, how could he tell it was sports cards in the package or mailing? Maybe I'm ignorant...maybe they scan and can see? But, anyhow, I never divulge what I'm sending. And, I never pay for insurance. I have sent and traded for all sorts of 50s and 60s cards, and have never had an issue. Maybe we are just more trustworthy here in the Midwest.
Or maybe his was/is a collector himself and had something happen in his career or home life that put him in a position to make a foolish decision like that. Clearly doesn't excuse the behavior but would assume that he had some sort of insider info.