Should I sell my Bryce Harper auto rc?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

One guy was telling me I could use some of the pictures I got at the game and the baseballs I got signed, and cards, etc.

One guy was telling me I could use some of the pictures I got at the game and the baseballs I got signed, and cards, etc.

and you can. that might help, but if a guy is going through the trouble of forging an autograph, forging a story is even easier. I have friends who have season tickets, I can have them send me pictures from any game they go to, I can get their ticket stubs. If I sell online how will you know it is ME in the picture at the Angels game?

I have a cousin who manages the front desk at a downtown hotel. A couple of the pro sports teams stay there when they are in town and they get a decent share of celebrities too. She lets me know when some big names are in town so I can go down there and see who is signing.

One of my friends works on the grounds crew at Target field, he has access to the stadium, the grounds, and knows exactly where the players are coming in and out, he lets me know where to go when the players are getting to the ballpark or leaving so I can get autographs.

Which story is real, which one was my imagination? or are they both true? or maybe they are both made up?

true story, but, a ticket could be good proof..., ill try my luck on ebay maybe

like I said, I have friends who have season tickets, which game would you like me to prove I was at? Again, it's someone reading your story on the internet, just like they read anyone elses who has a Harper autograph to sell.

here's one signed in person with a MLB hologram certification

Here's another signed in person

Your story won't hurt, but as a buyer, I'm still not paying much for an non certified autograph from someone I don't know. I might risk a $20, but after that, you can have it. Especially if it's a low feedback seller with no similar sales any time recently.

ok, well, thanks, dont know what to do with it now

If you want the money more than the card, sell, if you want the card more, hold.

I'm not saying either is right or wrong. I'm not saying sell or don't sell, I'm just telling you to look at ebay, study the completed auctions, familiarize yourself with the market so you know what to expect. Go to ebay, search completed auctions for Bryce Harper sign*, and Bryce Harper auto*, spend an hour or two digging into the results, look at the sold items, compare them to yours, get an idea what to expect. You might get lucky and a bidding war breaks out, you might get people who are wary. If you go in expecting to sell it, fine, if you go in expecting to sell it for two to four times what similar items are going for, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Like he said, if you solely got this signed looking to cash in then spend the extra $20 and get it PSA, otherwise dont be shocked when you dont get much. Probably not to many people collecting that set, its in black and not authenticated. Only people gonna probably go for it is people looking for a cheap Harper autograph or someone thatll get aithenticated to resell. You seem to have your mind made up not to send it in though

Nate, these guys are thinking like big timers, like you have a million dollar autograph to sell. You don't. His sigs are plentiful. He has plenty of certified card sigs for sale. Nobody is going to opt to buy YOUR card, even if PSA certified, at the same price as a real certified sig from a card manufacturer, period. It's a ridiculous notion, IMO, to save up money to get the thing certified, which is going to cost you at least $35, then to put it up for sale on Ebay in the hopes of getting that money back PLUS the value of the sig.
My suggestion was based on simplicity- you have the card, you know it's real, and you want to sell it on Ebay. Investors will never, ever buy your card, no matter how much proof you provide, even certification. A casual collector, with budget limitations is the guy who will want your card. If he wants to get it certified after buying it, thats on him. MY point was this- you have almost nothing in the card now, why invest a $35 fee into it so that any sale on Ebay will likely just help you break even? It's been posted that you might get $25-30 out of it as it- wouldn't that be all profit for you? Get the PSA certification, which might take you weeks, the Nats might pan out in the playoffs, interest dwindles, and now you have to sell it for $60+ to make money. There are no guaranteed sales either way, IMO.

Nate, these guys are thinking like big timers, like you have a million dollar autograph to sell. You don't. His sigs are plentiful. He has plenty of certified card sigs for sale. Nobody is going to opt to buy YOUR card, even if PSA certified, at the same price as a real certified sig from a card manufacturer, period. It's a ridiculous notion, IMO, to save up money to get the thing certified, which is going to cost you at least $35, then to put it up for sale on Ebay in the hopes of getting that money back PLUS the value of the sig.
My suggestion was based on simplicity- you have the card, you know it's real, and you want to sell it on Ebay. Investors will never, ever buy your card, no matter how much proof you provide, even certification. A casual collector, with budget limitations is the guy who will want your card. If he wants to get it certified after buying it, thats on him. MY point was this- you have almost nothing in the card now, why invest a $35 fee into it so that any sale on Ebay will likely just help you break even? It's been posted that you might get $25-30 out of it as it- wouldn't that be all profit for you? Get the PSA certification, which might take you weeks, the Nats might pan out in the playoffs, interest dwindles, and now you have to sell it for $60+ to make money. There are no guaranteed sales either way, IMO.

I agree completely. I pointed out in prior posts it really isn't going to up the profit much compared to the return on investment. I was mostly trying to get him to temper expectations, since he said he needed to sell it for the money, then seemed to hone in on $100 once it was mentioned some PSA certifieds sold that high. Now with him saying he has to save up to get it authenticated, it's REALLY not worth it to send it in. I agree, take whatever you can get and call it good.