Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I can't speak about this particular player since I have no idea who he is, but most of these prospects end up being suspects. A prime example is "The Great" Spencer Torkelson. Why some collectors are interested in him and his .220 career batting average is beyond me. Alec Bohm is another. 48 career home runs at the age of 27. Mike Schmidt had 131 by the time he was that age. About the only thing those two have in common is they were Phillies 3rd baseman.
True, but the pitcher landscape is barren. To me, it looks like Gerritt Cole is the last HoF pitcher for maybe a generation. Everybody after him is electric for two years and then on the IL for two years.

I did not know Pacific put out a similar gold insert in baseball as they did in football. I recently traded two of the Pacific football Picks the Pros to that member who is enamored with 1) Cowboys and 2) Gold Cowboys. I had no idea about these baseball golds.
Enamored is such a strong word... I'd say that member is "particularly fond of" Cowboys and Gold Cowboys cards.

Don't know where everyone went, maybe doing yard work... but I'll keep on posting stuff from my collection I really like! Gotta love a card with Emmitt and Moose on it! Daryl is one of those guys that HAS to be mentioned when discussing Emmitt's rushing record...
Emmitt/Moose '95 TSC Ground Attack - Emmitt front/Moose back
53743229842_158918137a_w.jpg53744156611_1a253afe85_w.jpg

One of my Dad's old cards, this one he only taped in a scrap book instead of gluing... Rumor has it that Frank Thomas of modern baseball got his nickname "The Big Hurt" because this guys nickname was "The Tiny but Still Sufficient Hurt". You get it? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge....
View attachment 99288
Frank Thomas I was a pretty solid ballplayer. He had several 30/100 seasons in the 50s and early 60s, as well as a few all-star selections.

Last edited:
would that be considered a rookie card? his topps rc is '62.
Woops... it's a '62, not '61. Just fixed it. I looked on Beckett and TCDB and neither list it as a true RC. Pretty cool that it's a rookie year card tho. Most of those Post cards are of guys that have at least 750 games played listed...

For Memorial Day we American's remember those who have served this great nation and paid the ultimate sacrifice for it and for the citizens that often take it for granted. Proudly fly your flag, shake a service member's hand and say thank you, and stand tall knowing you are an American!
Captain America '93 Marvel Comics Card:
53749778743_fd459a49ea.jpg