PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade is complete...report new bugs here

Champs96ws
09-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Josh has completed patching all the known bugs on the site.

TM is now working like it should and has the printer friendly link on the top right corner of the trade.
The Newbie Avatar is back in place.
PM Message tracking is working
Site's search is now indexed and working properly.

I decided not to have the system rerun the Bench Points total, we have had the system in place for such a long time and there are a lot of points that original members have that are PRE-Trade Manager. I think it would turn into a huge mess. So we found an easier solution that will involve more work for me, but less headaches. I will manually process the points from completed trades this past week. If you happen to be missing a point or two, no big deal. It's not like they are worth anything.

I'll post a News thread once that is complete.

As for the option to exclude forums. This is on our to-do list, it wasn't a standard feature in the old site. So it will need to be added onto the new site, it's not as easy as flipping a setting on or off, give us a little time on this one.

Thanks for all the feedback during this hectic week. Hopefully we are over the hump and it will be business as usual.

We will monitor this thread for issues, so if you have any please post them here. Please don't reply unless you have a problem.

Dilferules
09-09-2012, 11:21 PM
New bug:

When you go to the printable trade page, it looks like if a trader has selected to have their address only shown on a confirmed trade, it will say "[Address Hidden]" even if the trade has been confirmed.

EDIT - Also just noticed that for all of my trades that have been posted since the site upgrade, they are saying "not yet confirmed" on the individual trade page even though they rightly say "confirmed" on the TM list page.

Richard

mintman2
09-10-2012, 06:25 PM
I can now search by user name but all I get are the threads I've started and doesn't show the threads that I've posted in. Maybe I'm missing something ?

anglinomics
09-10-2012, 07:08 PM
I can now search by user name but all I get are the threads I've started and doesn't show the threads that I've posted in. Maybe I'm missing something ?

Instead of searching by threads that you started, you should search for all posts that you started. This can be founf on your profile page. http://www.thebenchtrading.com/search.php?searchid=15427

criollos
09-10-2012, 08:31 PM
New bug:

When you go to the printable trade page, it looks like if a trader has selected to have their address only shown on a confirmed trade, it will say "[Address Hidden]" even if the trade has been confirmed.

EDIT - Also just noticed that for all of my trades that have been posted since the site upgrade, they are saying "not yet confirmed" on the individual trade page even though they rightly say "confirmed" on the TM list page.

Richard

I have the same problem that Richard has: I have a trade confirmed and received pm telling me so earlier today (#230767). However, I go to the trade and at the bottom (trade status I think) it says "not confirmed yet". I think that the other trader can not see my Paypal address either.

Beachbum
09-10-2012, 08:38 PM
I posted a trade with a new trader with 0 points and in the posted trade it said "No trader has a bad trader rating so the traders decide who sends first". Do you want it to say that with members under 20 points? Most new traders probably know they have to send first but it could create confusion.

2000Doubles
09-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Not really a bug, but I was wondering if we can have some sort of indicator in our PM's to see if we are nearing capacity. Also in the TM when someone used to mark received, it would reflect on the status of the trade from confirmed to received, is that something that could possibly be brought back or is it lost in the update. Not the biggest of concerns here, so no worries either way.

Beachbum
09-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Not really a bug, but I was wondering if we can have some sort of indicator in our PM's to see if we are nearing capacity. Also in the TM when someone used to mark received, it would reflect on the status of the trade from confirmed to received, is that something that could possibly be brought back or is it lost in the update. Not the biggest of concerns here, so no worries either way.

I think the capacity indicator is at the bottom of your inbox now.

2000Doubles
09-10-2012, 09:57 PM
I think the capacity indicator is at the bottom of your inbox now.

lol, it sure is. I've never scrolled that far down. Thanks though, ran out of space earlier today, nice to know where it is.

mintman2
09-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Instead of searching by threads that you started, you should search for all posts that you started. This can be founf on your profile page. http://www.thebenchtrading.com/search.php?searchid=15427

Clicked your link and got "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Even if it worked shouldn't all the search options be on the search page ? I'm trying to be positive about the "upgrade" but it seems like it's a whole bunch of extra clicks and workarounds compared to the old site. Simple things, like when using "quick navigation", when you hit the drop down menu you were highlighted on the forum you were on. Now, you're always at the top and have to scroll down and find the forum you want. Maybe it's just me but I found it much easier when I was in non sports for sale to hit the menu button and simply click the next listed forum, non sport want lists. Now I have to scroll through the whole menu and find the forum.

Maybe it's just me though.

Champs96ws
09-11-2012, 06:36 AM
9/10 fixes -
List are no longer wrapping
Print View address should show correctly

As for the non-confirmed in trade page, we can not duplicate this to see the issue. Whatever is posted on the dashboard is the same exact info posted on the trade page. Both pages get the info from the same place, they just display different parts of it. So it's impossible for it to display 2 different options, and if I go to view it it looks fine on my end. If you have this happen can you do a F5 to refresh the screen.

Please report if this continues.

anglinomics
09-11-2012, 07:11 AM
Clicked your link and got "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Even if it worked shouldn't all the search options be on the search page ? I'm trying to be positive about the "upgrade" but it seems like it's a whole bunch of extra clicks and workarounds compared to the old site. Simple things, like when using "quick navigation", when you hit the drop down menu you were highlighted on the forum you were on. Now, you're always at the top and have to scroll down and find the forum you want. Maybe it's just me but I found it much easier when I was in non sports for sale to hit the menu button and simply click the next listed forum, non sport want lists. Now I have to scroll through the whole menu and find the forum.

Maybe it's just me though.

I'm sorry the link I posted didn't work. But you can find your posted on your profile page. Did you try that? Also when I did a search on your username, it brought up every thread where your username appears. As far as quick navigation, I don't understand what your saying. That might be something I never use, because I don't recognize your description.

criollos
09-11-2012, 10:31 AM
9/10 fixes -
List are no longer wrapping
Print View address should show correctly

As for the non-confirmed in trade page, we can not duplicate this to see the issue. Whatever is posted on the dashboard is the same exact info posted on the trade page. Both pages get the info from the same place, they just display different parts of it. So it's impossible for it to display 2 different options, and if I go to view it it looks fine on my end. If you have this happen can you do a F5 to refresh the screen.

Please report if this continues.

Peter:
Here is a copy of the trade I have with TITAN777. Please see how, in the same page, it has it as "confirmed" on Trade Status, but then farther down as "not confirmed yet". This is not allowing the other side to see my Paypal address I believe. I did received a pm from The Bench telling me "trade has been confirmed by Titan777" when the other side confirmed.

Trade Details
Trade ID:

Trade Status:
Confirmed

Transaction Type:
Trade

criollos receives:
$17 Paypal Delivered

titan777 receives:

2001 Stadium Club JAVY LOPEZ #PTM-JL Passport to the Majors GU-Jersey #’ed 0004/1200 (Braves)
2002 Fleer Premium JUAN GONZALEZ GU-Jersey International Pride (Indians)
2002 Playoff Piece of the Game MAGGLIO ORDONEZ #POG-52 GU-Bat #’ed 179/250 (White Sox)
2002 Topps Pristine IVAN RODRIGUEZ #IG-IR In The Gap GU-Bat #’ed 159/425 (Rangers)
2004 Fleer Genuine Insider CARLOS DELGADO #GI-CD GU-Jersey Genuine Article Insider #’ed 032/250 (Blue Jays)
2004 Sweet Spot CARLOS DELGADO #STS-CD Gu-Jersey (Blue Jays)
2005 Throwback Threads CARLOS DELGADO #TC-23 GU #’ed 116/150 (Blue Jays)
2005 Topps Bazooka Blasts MAGGLIO ORDONEZ #BB-MO GU-Bat (White Sox)

2008 Donruss Threads Alexis Oliveras #77 AUTO #’ed/975
2002 SPX Prospect Jorge Padilla Auto #141
1999 SP Top Prospects Felipe Lopez #FL AUTO
2004 UD Pro Sigs Fernando Cabrera #213 AUTO
2006 Ovation Spotlight David DeJesus #SS-DD AUTO
2008 Donruss Threads Hector Correa #116 AUTO #’ed/999
2000 Just Minors Cesar Crespo #BA-42 AUTO

Trade Was Created On:
09-06-2012

Trade Was Accepted On:
Not Yet Confirmed

Receiving
criollos Receive Date:
Not Yet Received

titan777 Receive Date:
Not Yet Received

baberuth#3
09-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the hard work! Just one minor issue that I noticed is that when I go into the member list and categorize members by join date, Bench points, etc. and skip to the next page, it does not stay categorized. I don't know if this is making sense but I am tired after all...

Beachbum
09-12-2012, 12:54 PM
I posted a trade with a new trader with 0 points and in the posted trade it said "No trader has a bad trader rating so the traders decide who sends first". Do you want it to say that with members under 20 points? Most new traders probably know they have to send first but it could create confusion.

Just curious if anyone saw my post??

David K.
09-12-2012, 09:24 PM
The points from this month trade are not moving........I should have 11 more points.....not a few points...alot of points. Now I'm afraid of completing more trades....as I might lose more points!! Best regards, David

mintman2
09-12-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm sorry the link I posted didn't work. But you can find your posted on your profile page. Did you try that? Also when I did a search on your username, it brought up every thread where your username appears. As far as quick navigation, I don't understand what your saying. That might be something I never use, because I don't recognize your description.

I'm talking about the quick navigation button at the bottom of most pages. Old site when you clicked it, the forum you were in was highlighted and you were at it on the list. Made it very convenient when I wanted to visit all the non sports forums or all the baseball trading forums as they were right there. However, this new site starts you at the top of the list so you have to scroll through the list of forums searching for where you're going next.

And no, I haven't even visited my profile page yet. I'm working up the courage for that ;)

Rhubarb_Runner
09-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Not a big deal, but when I see a notification of a new inbox item, and I go to that PM, it still shows a notification when at that PM. Of course, it is cleared from then on when I go to any other link after that.

2000Doubles
09-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Not a big deal, but when I see a notification of a new inbox item, and I go to that PM, it still shows a notification when at that PM. Of course, it is cleared from then on when I go to any other link after that.

I think thats how the software is designed, I have the same issue in SCF. Just have to adapt I guess.

Champs96ws
09-13-2012, 07:29 AM
The points from this month trade are not moving........I should have 11 more points.....not a few points...alot of points. Now I'm afraid of completing more trades....as I might lose more points!! Best regards, David

I don't see any errors. You were at 5552 around the upgrade and are now at 5571 that's 19 trades which reflects what you have posted in TM.

I have created "dummy" trades and upon completion the point is awarded (within the 20-30 min window). Remember points don't show up the instant you click complete.

David K.
09-13-2012, 07:44 AM

Got 4 more points....still missing the 7 from before and that were in limbo for days......But the points total of 5,571 is correct. Best regards, David

Champs96ws
09-13-2012, 07:45 AM
Those might never be accounted for. I don't want to screw the system up and not be able to recover from it.

anglinomics
09-13-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm talking about the quick navigation button at the bottom of most pages. Old site when you clicked it, the forum you were in was highlighted and you were at it on the list. Made it very convenient when I wanted to visit all the non sports forums or all the baseball trading forums as they were right there. However, this new site starts you at the top of the list so you have to scroll through the list of forums searching for where you're going next.

And no, I haven't even visited my profile page yet. I'm working up the courage for that ;)

Champs, please add this to the list as appropriate.

Champs96ws
09-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Champs, please add this to the list as appropriate.

That's just how the new software works, not going to be changed.

criollos
09-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Please see Post #13 when time allows. Thank you.

Champs96ws
09-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Please see Post #13 when time allows. Thank you.

Working on it

2000Doubles
09-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Hello
I've posted 2 sales in the TM. However, after the other party confirms my paypal address does not show up in the TM. I posted both sales with me being the seller and no paypal address.

thanks

mintman2
09-13-2012, 05:15 PM
That's just how the new software works, not going to be changed.

Bummer :(

Champs96ws
09-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Hello
I've posted 2 sales in the TM. However, after the other party confirms my paypal address does not show up in the TM. I posted both sales with me being the seller and no paypal address.

thanks

See post #13 and #26 :)

2000Doubles
09-13-2012, 07:50 PM
See post #13 and #26 :)

ahhh, my mistake. Not sure if there was ever a response for this one too, but figured i would ask:

Another question: Is there a way that when we click on another users homepage that it can open in a new page? I just tried to do it and it just used the same browser page which is a pain trying to go back and forth. Thanks

Champs96ws
09-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Homepage link is now opening in a new window.

David K.
09-13-2012, 11:32 PM
I don't see any errors. You were at 5552 around the upgrade and are now at 5571 that's 19 trades which reflects what you have posted in TM.

I have created "dummy" trades and upon completion the point is awarded (within the 20-30 min window). Remember points don't show up the instant you click complete.

Total points for Sept should be 23 not 16. Losted points......not a few ...but 7 points. I'm sick of being told... whats a few points...if it was one or three..I would agree! As it appears I'm banging my head against a stonewall. This will be my last complaint about this. Best regards, David

Roger G.
09-14-2012, 08:12 AM
I have the same problem as David K. My total bench points is right,but my Sept trade # is off by 7 or 8.I will check and give you a #.

Edited here is some more info.I came back in August after 9 months off,i had 361 bench points after completing 6 trades in August and putting my bench points to 367.

Sept-It has my bench points at 383 which is correct,but my sept trades is at 9 when it should be 16.

Roger

Champs96ws
09-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Memberlist sorting is now fixed.

Confirmation error in Trade Manager is now resolved. All trades should now show confirmed and Addresses displayed.

This takes care of all open issues to date.

anglinomics
09-18-2012, 08:43 AM
I just noticed that the Community drop down menu appears under Forums is different than the Community drop down in another sub heading.

Champs96ws
09-18-2012, 08:50 AM
I just noticed that the Community drop down menu appears under Forums is different than the Community drop down in another sub heading.

That's on purpose.

Beachbum
09-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Memberlist sorting is now fixed.

Confirmation error in Trade Manager is now resolved. All trades should now show confirmed and Addresses displayed.

This takes care of all open issues to date.

Post #6 and #15?? Thanks.

Rhubarb_Runner
09-18-2012, 09:20 AM
I've noticed that PM's that I thought I'd deleted did not end up getting deleted. Thought it was my imagination, but with the latest occurrence, I was reading the PM, clicked the Delete This Post at the bottom, but it was still in the Inbox. I had to select it there and delete it again. Other times, I was sure I had selected a PM from the Inbox list and selected delete at the bottom, but found it in the list again later. Second time is the charm, though, it seems.

Champs96ws
09-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Post #6 and #15?? Thanks.

All new trades, should now display the message only if it's a new trader.

criollos
09-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Thanks Peter.

baberuth#3
09-19-2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks for fixing the Members list!

Curtis

JJLevitsky
09-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Email notifications seem to be running late. I used to get the almost instantly. I know I have had some delayed as much as a couple of hours.

Thanks,

Jeff

Champs96ws
09-20-2012, 06:40 PM
There is a good reason for that. I have the system sending out emails to member who have not been on the site in a long time. BIG list so it's slowing down the sending of all other emails.

JJLevitsky
09-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Okay. I heard about that from Matt (Cano22) the other day. So you are saying it will get better once those are all sent?

Thanks,

Jeff

Champs96ws
09-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Okay. I heard about that from Matt (Cano22) the other day. So you are saying it will get better once those are all sent?

Thanks,

Jeff

Yes, it should be back to normal in a few days.

STLSHOEMAN
09-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Can you please tell me how to unsubscribe from a thread? LMK, Aaron

Champs96ws
09-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Top of the thread, there is a drop down called "Thread Tools". The unsubscribe link is there.

mintman2
09-23-2012, 09:12 AM
Are you going to bring back the option to search for all the threads that you've posted in ? Thanks, Alan

Champs96ws
09-23-2012, 09:39 AM
Nobody has noticed the new link under the Forum tab ---> My Posts :)

mintman2
09-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Nobody has noticed the new link under the Forum tab ---> My Posts :)

There's nothing under the forum tab for me. All I can do is click it and it takes me to a list of all forums. But that's not my issue. If I want to see a listing of my posts I can get that in my profile.

What I'm talking about is doing a search for all THREADS that I've posted in. Was VERY convenient to have all the threads listed and when a new post was made in a thread, the thread was moved to the top of the results and highlighted. Now, with my posts listed, to see if there's any new replies I have to either click on the thread or go to the appropriate forum.

mightydon
09-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Are the PMs working correctly? I have not been able to access my inbox for a few days. All I see is the top banner and the rest of the screen is light blue with nothing there. :(

Champs96ws
09-25-2012, 10:08 PM
No problems on my end. Sounds like it's on your end...try F5 to clear your memory.

mintman2
09-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Post #50 ?

Jeffo65
09-26-2012, 07:43 AM
There's nothing under the forum tab for me. All I can do is click it and it takes me to a list of all forums. But that's not my issue. If I want to see a listing of my posts I can get that in my profile.

What I'm talking about is doing a search for all THREADS that I've posted in. Was VERY convenient to have all the threads listed and when a new post was made in a thread, the thread was moved to the top of the results and highlighted. Now, with my posts listed, to see if there's any new replies I have to either click on the thread or go to the appropriate forum.

Go into your settings (upper right corner), then click on "General Settings" under My Account (left side in My Settings), then scroll down to "Messaging & Notification" and click on the drop down menu for "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Here you can change how you are notified. Now you can view your subscribed threads and it will list all of the threads that you have posted (subscribed) to.

Is this what you want?

Champs96ws
09-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Have you tried these 2 new links? It's the best I can do.

http://www.thebenchtrading.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=151&d=1348660136

mintman2
09-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Go into your settings (upper right corner), then click on "General Settings" under My Account (left side in My Settings), then scroll down to "Messaging & Notification" and click on the drop down menu for "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Here you can change how you are notified. Now you can view your subscribed threads and it will list all of the threads that you have posted (subscribed) to.

Is this what you want?

Not exactly but if it self subscribes it'll be just as good. Have changed it to "through my control panel only". Correct me if I'm wrong but my interpretation is I get automatically subscribed whenever I post in a thread. Thanks

[QUOTE=Champs96ws;3327553]Have you tried these 2 new links? It's the best I can do.

Sorry Pete, but I don't see any links :(

JJLevitsky
09-29-2012, 01:17 PM
TM question - why do all the trades listed in trade manager only say "Confirmed"? Old system used to note received and sent, etc.

Thanks,

Jeff

Champs96ws
09-29-2012, 01:24 PM
TM question - why do all the trades listed in trade manager only say "Confirmed"? Old system used to note received and sent, etc.

Thanks,

Jeff

That's just the way I had the programmer set it up. Easier to do on our end.

JJLevitsky
09-29-2012, 01:37 PM
That's just the way I had the programmer set it up. Easier to do on our end.

Okay. Just thought I would ask.

Thanks,

Jeff

jaxbraves
10-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Just got into work and tried to sign into the Bench. The Facebook icon is totally covering up the space
were you log in. Just before the facebook icon appears you have a split second to tab into the space.
When I try to log in I get the home page again. The only way I got in was by logging onto the facebook icon and I saw were I could get in by registering my face book page to the Bench. Is this going to be the new way it works as I do not do alot on facebook?

Rich

criollos
10-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Still some issues with the Trade Manager:

1) My Paypal address is not showing up even after the other trader confirms the trade. I double-checked my profile/preferences and I do have the box checked for my Paypal address to show up.

2) This one is not a big concern for me, but I can still rate the other trader for "condition" and for "shipping" after just receiving Paypal (ie, no shipping and no conditon to rate).

Thanks a lot,

Luis

2000Doubles
10-02-2012, 10:11 AM

1) My Paypal address is not showing up even after the other trader confirms the trade. I double-checked my profile/preferences and I do have the box checked for my Paypal address to show up.

Same here

fatrat
10-02-2012, 10:11 AM
No complaints, thanks a million for your efforts!

Champs96ws
10-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Not sure why that started happening. I'll send a message to Josh and have him look into it.

2) This one is not a big concern for me, but I can still rate the other trader for "condition" and for "shipping" after just receiving Paypal (ie, no shipping and no conditon to rate).

Thanks a lot,

Luis

jaxbraves
10-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Pete , if you did not see posting #60 please check. I can send a screen shot to a email adress but it will not past here.

Rich

Champs96ws
10-02-2012, 11:20 AM
No, you don't need a facebook account to login. I don't know why you are having this issue.

What browser are you using? cause I have tried chrome and IE can't can't duplicate the error.

Just got into work and tried to sign into the Bench. The Facebook icon is totally covering up the space
were you log in. Just before the facebook icon appears you have a split second to tab into the space.
When I try to log in I get the home page again. The only way I got in was by logging onto the facebook icon and I saw were I could get in by registering my face book page to the Bench. Is this going to be the new way it works as I do not do alot on facebook?

Rich

jaxbraves
10-02-2012, 11:23 AM
No, you don't need a facebook account to login. I don't know why you are having this issue.

What browser are you using? cause I have tried chrome and IE can't can't duplicate the error.

At work I am IE. I finally did get in but had to type my sign in under the facebook icon. As I said I can email a screen shot to you but I cannot paste it here.

Rich

Tankp
10-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Does anyone have trouble moving from one forum to another? Or from your profile to a forum or vice versa?
I have to try a few times to get into the next forum. For instance I'm in high end. I want to go to baseball trade sale.
It could takes me two or three tries before I make into the place I am trying to go. Just curious if I'm the only one having this problem?
And this is every time I visit the bench.

katester44
10-04-2012, 12:36 PM
At work I am IE. I finally did get in but had to type my sign in under the facebook icon. As I said I can email a screen shot to you but I cannot paste it here.

Rich

I have the same issue - with the addition of the 10 year logo in the banner - it pushes the facebook icon over the login area. To get around it, I click to login (minus my name/password) and it pops up a screen to try again, at which point the login area is out in the open and easy to get through.

anglinomics
10-06-2012, 09:16 AM
I posted 2 trades yesterday, they were confirmed a bit later. I'm going to mail them today and the trade manager will not allow me to enter the tracking information.

anglinomics
10-06-2012, 09:19 AM
I posted 2 trades yesterday, they were confirmed a bit later. I'm going to mail them today and the trade manager will not allow me to enter the tracking information.

Sorry, my mistake. It is working.

Champs96ws
10-06-2012, 09:20 AM

I just loged in as you and tried it myself....worked with no problems.

anglinomics
10-06-2012, 09:24 AM
I just loged in as you and tried it myself....worked with no problems.

Yes, I just noticed that the shipping date appears twice in the trade. One of which can be changed.

jaxbraves
10-11-2012, 08:52 AM
I have a sale trade going were I am buying. When I went to put in the mailing date I found
that the area to do this was not in the trade posting. Is this the norm for a sale trade?

Rich

dadandsoncards
10-11-2012, 09:01 AM
I have the same issue with posting my mail date for my sale.

Champs96ws
10-11-2012, 09:23 AM
That had not been reported...looks like the member who is sending money doesn't have the option to put in a date. Which makes a bit of sense since just about everyone uses paypal (which I recommend for your protection against a scammer). But i'll talk to the programmer to fix that.

jaxbraves
10-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Not reporting any problem, just have a question. On the old format when I sent a PM
there was an area in which you could tell if the trader read the PM. When I click on
the SENT area it shows all the PM's I sent, but I do not see anywhere where it shows
that a PM was read. I really like that ability to know that the trader did read my response.
Is there one and I am missing it or could that be added to the site?

Rich

anglinomics
02-24-2013, 05:32 AM
The search feature of the trade manager doesn't pull up all trades for a user when you search that users name will all statuses and all dates. This happens to me often, I have an example if needed.