Review Triple Threads - N F L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Triple Threads - N F L

2 mini boxes - 7 cards per mini box
Every Mini-Box contains an Auto'd Relic and a Relic Card

I received these:

6 base cards (guessing that the set is 100 cards - 6% of the base set)

img826_zps12f36b15.jpg

Triple Threads is a premium issue. The cards are thick (as have been all of the Triple Thread issues both NFL and MLB) with gold foil imprinting. This year's design is clean and looks good. The reverse has personal stats along with a Triple Take write up on the player. Current players cards have 2012 stats and retired players cards have NFL career stats.

Inserts

3 different #ed parallels

img827_zps8cd6740a.jpg

Flacco and Johnson #ed to 320
Witten #ed to 170
Kuechly #ed to 99

Relics / Autos

Triple Relic / Jumbo Relic

img828_zps3d8575c4.jpg

Jumbo - #ed to 75 -- Knile Davis
Triple - #ed to 36 -- Gavin Escobar

img829_zpsf6b79bfc.jpg

Jordan Reed - relic/auto - #ed to 99
Stephan Taylor - triple relic/auto - #ed to 99

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Triple Threads is definitely an issue for the player collector. Your player should have several parallels to chase along with 1/1's and printing plates. The set builder as previously mentioned, will have their hands full chasing all of these base cards.

I did have one 'troubling' card - the Elway card I received is considerably smaller than the other base cards received. I do believe that it is a printing/cutting problem - hopefully this did not happen with a lot of cards.

The autos are both stickers - unimpressive. As a high end product, the cards should be on card autos and not stickers.... 'nuf said!

Overall grade B -- miscut and stickers.... however, the design is very good.

Go buy several boxes and begin work on the master set!!

Duane