Review Topps Tribute - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps Tribute - M L B

6 packs - 3 cards per pack
1 auto or relic in every pack

I received these:

11 base cards (11% of the 100 card base set)

img866_zps91eaac9b.jpg

Tribute is a premium issue and a bit pricey. In O'do, the packs are $50 and the boxes are about $240+/-. The cards are again highly reflective this year and each one resembles a refractor in other issues. The set contains a good number of veterans - Ruth, Ford, Dawson, Maddux, F. Thomas, Gehrig, Mays, R. Johnson, Koufax, Fisk, Robinson, Griffey,Jr,. to name a few. I realize that the set is called Tribute, but only 100 cards - 30 teams - maybe the set could be expanded to 200 cards and the packs to at least 5 cards? The base cards look very good - the photography is sharp and the design of the card does not distract from the pic of the player.

The reverse of the card has several highlights of the player - no career or personal stats.

Parallels

img867_zps3e8d9b12.jpg

Blue Parallel
Adrian Gonzales #ed to 99

Autos / Relics

img868_zpsef635296.jpg

Zach Wheeler g/u jsy #ed to 99
David Wright g/u bat #ed to 35

img869_zps3590f282.jpg

Nomar Garciaparra #ed to 99

img870_zps2dbf3b68.jpg

Will Clark #ed to 50
Eric Davis #ed to 50

img871_zps068742e3.jpg

Orange Auto
Eric Davis #ed to 40

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Tribute is an excellent issue for the player collector - lots of different parallels, autos, and relics. The set builder will have a bit of a hill to climb.

Autos are fantastic - all that I have seen are on card - blue Sharpee! Each one that I have seen looks great. I like that Will Clark added '22' to his auto. That shows that he actually took second to auto the card - well done (much better than the feller that I try to collect...) I was a bit disappointed that I received 2 Eric Clark autos in one box.

The price point of this issue is a bit high. I believe that it would be a good value at $25-$30 per pack - $125 per box - with only 18 cards in the box.

Overall grade B+ excellent autos, not enough cards per pack.

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays to me (autos/relics/and parallels)!!!

Duane

Last edited:
Nice stuff. Looks like they are relying more on retired players for the autos in the set this year.

Tribute is a fun break if you have the deep pockets for it. I used to reallly enjoy the hall of fame tribute sets.

If my allowance was increased....I still couldn't afford them. LOL! They do look fun to break. Do you think the QUALITY of the card is worth the cost? I wonder if increasing the base size would also warrant increasing the cost....Any Mets available FT?

If my allowance was increased....I still couldn't afford them. LOL! They do look fun to break. Do you think the QUALITY of the card is worth the cost? I wonder if increasing the base size would also warrant increasing the cost....Any Mets available FT?

The only 2 Mets I have are the 2 GU...

Duane

NIce, as always. i suspect more Cubs in that set in the future. 2 Davis? Neither one Eric?

Nice review as always. If trading I can use the Clark & one of the Davis autos. From the guys you collect I have this:
2004 Leaf Limited Monikers Jersey Auto Mark Teixeira /25 #102

LMK. Thanks

Wish I had something for the Nomar for you. I haven't gotten a decent Ray for you in a while. Nice cards and nice review.

Thanks,

Jeff