Review 2014 Topps Tier 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2014 Topps Tier 1

One box - 3 cards
2 autos and one relic per box

I received these cards:

img970_zps94deac9b.jpg

Relic of Hunter Pence #ed to 254

New Guard Auto

img972_zps0d9b2d23.jpg

Matt Davidson #ed to 399

Matt must be have gone to the same writing teacher as Wil Myers!

img973_zps0f029494.jpg

Fred McGriff #ed to 50

Nice auto!! - On card - blue Sharpee!

This is truly a premium issue. Tier 1 is a relatively expensive product. Here in O'do they sell for about $110 to $125 per box - 3 cards. I am told by the store(s) that they sell it as fast as it comes in and the customers have been very happy with their pulls.

If I could wave a wand and change anything, it would be 2 things - be guaranteed of a low numbered card (25 or less) and any relic piece would be a seam, tag, part of a button hole, pin stripe, or patch piece.

The cards themselves are printed well - on heavy stock with gold foil embossing. The autos that I have seen are all on card - as it should be on a premium issue.

Tier 1 is a good issue for the player collector - with autos, relics, dual relics, triple relics to chase.

Overall grade A- excellent for the player collector (if you're fortunate to pull your guy!)

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays to me!

Duane

I can use the Pence GU. Any interest in a 07 topps chrome rc auto shawn riggans(rays)? Also have a bunch of Matt Moore RCs.

You may have the Pence - I really enjoyed watching him make the Astros squad when he was a rookie - he would not be denied... it was awesome!

Post as free.

Duane

Duane

Nice that you pulled the McGriff as a Ray..always liked the crime dog. Let me see if i have anything for that Davidson and his bad penmanship.

Henry

Duane

Nice that you pulled the McGriff as a Ray..always liked the crime dog. Let me see if i have anything for that Davidson and his bad penmanship.

Henry

You may have the Davidson -- bad penmanship? Nah, I believe autos like this are nothing but laziness - they really don't care.

Post as free

Duane