Review 2014 Triple Threads - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2014 Triple Threads - M L B

2 mini boxes received - 6 cards per mini box
'Every mini box contains an auto'd relic and a relic card'

I received these:

6 base cards - 6% of the 100 card base set
Gwynn, Schmidt, Bautista, Votto, Y. Molina, and J. Upton

img079_zpsfc760b97.jpg

Each card is printed on very thick stock with a glossy front and a matte finish on the reverse. The front features a single photo of the player with silver foil imprint.

The reverse has personal stats and professional stats (complete MLB career) along with a 'Triple Take' from the player's life and/or career.

Inserts

Parallels

All are numbered! -- VERY GOOD!

Purple - Votto #ed to 325
Green - Ryu #ed to 250
Orange - Votto #ed to 125
Gold - Hamilton #ed to 99

## This is definitely a 'Votto' box!!

Relics

img081_zps52a995ee.jpg

Tony Cingrani #ed to 36
Big Pappi #ed to 27

Autos

img082_zpsde231a0a.jpg

Ricky Nolasco #ed to 50
Michael Cuddyer #ed to 18

Both autos are stickers..... I will say that the Cuddyer auto is fantastic! He actually took a minute with his auto! Bravo!! and Well Done!

**How one gets 'Ricky Nolasco' out of this scribble is amazing...

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Triple Threads is a premium issue and is an excellent issue for the player collector - not so much for the set builder and definitely not for the master set builder. However, having said that, it might be a fun challenge to build the orange or the gold set - probably will be very few in existence. With at least 4 parallels of each base card, plus relic and relic autos - the player collector should be pretty happy with the possibilities.

The 2 'jumbo' relics received both have a matte finish on the front of the card and both of the Triple Relics are glossy on the front.

Overall grade A-- still not a fan of the sticker auto on a premium issue - but the design of the card looks very good.

Go buy several boxes and send the 'missed the playoffs' Rays to me!

Duane

I love the look of Triple Threads but if I'm shelling out those big bucks I would be hoping for better player hits:)