A Few Helpful Tips. Please read!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierBuddy

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I thought I'd post a few helpful posting tips for our newer members. (And some of our older members!) :) Hopefully, everybody'll read this.

*You cannot Sell on The Bench until you have completed 20 Trades, see FAQ for more details*

1) If you're responding to somebody's wantlist, and you're listing all the cards of a player you have for trade, list them in order by year. For instance:

1996 Topps #123
1997 Topps #456
1998 Topps #789

Instead of:

1998 Topps
1942 Topps
2003 Topps
1995 Topps

Many of the Bench members have checklists made out of the players they collect, and it's a lot easier and quicker to go through a list of cards to see what's needed, if you are able to go in order, instead of having to jump around your checklist.

2) Please give cards numbers when listing cards. For example, I collect Barry Sanders, but in the early 1990's, most of the card companies have multiple cards of Sanders in their sets. To say you have a 1991 Score Barry Sanders is fine, but he's got 3 cards in that set. Which one do you have? You need to list card numbers with the year and set.

3) If at all possible, give all pertinant information in your posts. If a card is serial-numbered, at least say it's #/2500 (or whatever). Give the actual serial-numbering if possible. The same goes for jersey swatch colors on your game-used cards. While it's not always overly important, I see numerous posts asking "what color's the jersey?". The more information you can give, the easier it is to make a trade.

4) If you're contacting somebody about a card you've got for trade, check out their tradelists and have a general idea of what you'd like in return. It's great to find out you have a Nomar Garciaparra card I want, but let me know what you're interested in from my tradelist, because that'll be my reply to you. "Great! What would you like from my tradelists in return?" It saves time, and makes it easier.

5) Combine your posts into one post! In order to save space, and not clutter up the boards, we ask that you post all your wantlists or tradelists in one big post. Please don't post individual posts asking for each player you collect, or offering up cards of individual players.

6) Always, always, always be sure to post your trades in the Ongoing Trades/Sales forum. If you don't post your trades, there is no way for the Bench Moderators or Bench Trade Task Force to help you in the event of a problem. (Responding to said trades when completed is also a very nice thing to do.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online