BSL 2017 Rookie Draft - Early Drafting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
A few points:

1) These teams lost respective picks in the draft. The following players are the placeholder draftees (oldest half star available)
Dodgers (1st#4, 2nd#4) 1/4 MR Ryan Collins , 2/4 MR Augusto Diaz
Texas (1st #6) 1/6 SP Jose Martinez
Seattle (1st #15) 1/15 MR Jean-Rene Rigal
Tampa Bay (1st #20) 1/20 SP Wei-Liang Sa

2) The first pick in the Supplemental Round is actually Boston's, not anaheims. We will manually have to assign the Red Sox selection to him as Anaheim doesn't exist.

3) IF YOUR PARTAKE IN THE EARLY DRAFTING, YOU MAY NOT OFFER OR SIGN ANY REMAINING TYPE A FREE AGENTS BEFORE THE DRAFT. That can possible change your draft picks and screw the entire system up.

With that being said, let's start this off early so we can keep rolling through the season. IF YOU ARE ELECTING TO SIGN A REMAINING TYPE A free agent, let us know and the draft will pause until the signing has been completed.

PLEASE PM the next owner once you have made your pick.

1. MIN - SP Ray McCaffery
2. BOS - SP Edgardo Alaniz
3. ARZ - 2B Francisco De La Cruz
4. LAD MR Ryan Collins (Penalty Pick)
5. PHI - C Michael Barker
6. TEX SP Jose Martinez (Penalty Pick)
7. COL - RF Bob Ryan
8. MIL - CF Antonio Mota
9. PIT - LF Steven Hutchinson
10. ATL - 3B Francis Chapman
11. WSH - SP Sam Harris
12. DET - LF Bryan Allen
13. CLE - SS Mike Thomas
14. TOR - 3B Justin Cummings
15. SEA MR Jean-Rene Rigal (Penalty Pick)
16. LAD - LF David Taylor
17. MIA - 2B Hal King
18. ATL - 1B Terry Watson
19. NYM - SP Chris Estes
20. TB SP Wei-Liang Sa (Penalty Pick)
21. KC - MR Brent Stevens
22. NYY - C Mark Jennings
23. CHN
24. SF
25. MIL
26. SD
27. CIN
28. BAL

Last edited:
I am sooooo excited, I have the 81st pick in the draft. Hoping to get at least a 4 star prospect there, LOL.

I am a bit confused though......didn't KC lose their 1st round pick when they signed SP Kevin Slowey? Or did KC give up the pick they got from St. Louis when St. Louis signed Fielder?

Last edited:
I am sooooo excited, I have the 81st pick in the draft. Hoping to get at least a 4 star prospect there, LOL.

I am a bit confused though......didn't KC lose their 1st round pick when they signed SP Kevin Slowey? Or did KC give up the pick they got from St. Louis when St. Louis signed Fielder?

Yeah, #18 went to Atlanta....sadly. I thought #21 would go since it was my original pick.

Boston selects SP Edgardo Alaniz (THE FLEA!)

I am controlling Boston interim until David gets his internet issues resolved.

I had a list with two (2) SP I wanted and picking third I hoped to get one (WRONG).....

Want a SP badly but since my top 2 guys are gone and I feel the next guys are a fairly good drop I can't pass on this guy:

Francisco De La Cruz - 2B

Ron

PM being sent to Philadelphia.

I had a list with two (2) SP I wanted and picking third I hoped to get one (WRONG).....

Want a SP badly but since my top 2 guys are gone and I feel the next guys are a fairly good drop I can't pass on this guy:

Ron

I think you got a good one with Cruz

Ron

As long as you can wait 3-4 years and the grind of developing a youngin like him, he should be an amazing player.

Every time I pick a 17 year old, they usually end up being a 1-2 star player. Every time I trade for someone else's 17 year old, they become a mainstay in my lineup.

Yeah, I took 2B Luther McClain a few years ago. Five star potential and the scouts were talking about Hall of Fame career and how every team would love to have a kid like this. Took him #6 overall, as his contact and everything was really good. His contact is still good, but he doesn't hit RH pitching at all, except in the minors. He tears up LH pitching, but that isn't enough to stick in the bigs. Now his stars and ratings just keep falling. But he did help me win that first World Series title, but I still kick myself as I was between McClain or SP Wilford Rose.
As long as you can wait 3-4 years and the grind of developing a youngin like him, he should be an amazing player.

Every time I pick a 17 year old, they usually end up being a 1-2 star player. Every time I trade for someone else's 17 year old, they become a mainstay in my lineup.

There have been some solid picks so far. It looks like this year has plenty of talent available. I am already making my top 50 list in preparation for the live draft.

Just talked to Chris from the Pirates, I have his next 2 guys so as soon as the Brew Crew picks I can post up for the Bucs.

Braves take 3B Francis Chapman, Nats PMed.

Last edited: