BSL 2017 Rookie Draft - Early Drafting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yankees select C Mark Jennings. PM sent to Nick (Cubs).

Steph

I think starting early this year help. It seems to be moving along nicely. How far would we have to get into the draft before we just skip the live draft completely?

I think starting early this year help. It seems to be moving along nicely. How far would we have to get into the draft before we just skip the live draft completely?

End of Round 2 is as far as we went last year. There just isn't enough higher-end prospects to justify the live portion when they all drop to 1 stars. Keeping in mind there is a supp 1st round that is huge as well.

End of Round 2 is as far as we went last year. There just isn't enough higher-end prospects to justify the live portion when they all drop to 1 stars. Keeping in mind there is a supp 1st round that is huge as well.

More Supplemental picks(31) than teams(28).. Lucky for the Twins/Red Sox that they have Supp picks otherwise their next pick would be #55 pick(1 1/2 star player).. Just food for thought that I know Cory touched on earlier in the pre-season about doing away with Supp picks.. Twins/RedSox/D'Back could have had a 5 star, 3 1/2 star, and 1 1/2 star prospect in the first 3 rounds helping their farm systems. But I am not going to debate this on the draft forum.. Just my thoughts!!
We will probably only go 2 rounds again this season also!

Oakland's 1st selection isn't until 84th overall. I might get a player with a potential of 1.5, maybe. I am thinking Oakland doesn't need to clear any space for picks, as we don't want any!!!! We will just keep what we have.
More Supplemental picks(31) than teams(28).. Lucky for the Twins/Red Sox that they have Supp picks otherwise their next pick would be #55 pick(1 1/2 star player).. Just food for thought that I know Cory touched on earlier in the pre-season about doing away with Supp picks.. Twins/RedSox/D'Back could have had a 5 star, 3 1/2 star, and 1 1/2 star prospect in the first 3 rounds helping their farm systems. But I am not going to debate this on the draft forum.. Just my thoughts!!
We will probably only go 2 rounds again this season also!

Reds will be attending live - Skype, right?

I have my top 5 guys listed so I'll be ready to make my first selection in about 15 minutes.

Eric