Ever run into a road block when trying to finish a set?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Thats what I'm looking at right now.......losted a ton of auctions working on hard insert set serial #75.....set is only a 100 players. I have about 66 of the 100. But I just noticed I losted about 7 different ebay auctions to the same person! How do I know its the same person.....feedback on the closed auction has the same number on all of them.....and now hes selling them in one large lot for about 75 to 80 per cent more then his cost......Hopefully, hes threw bidding on the cards of this player from the set that I working on. Anyone have the same problems? Best regards, David

Yes, I have that problem all the time............Sometimes I think it's a conspiracy, but maybe that just my mental illness talking! Just kidding, know how you feel though..........Generally if I wait a few months, then start working on the set again, the prices come down a little..........The last card I need for the 2006 Topps Walmart set was Gary Carter, BV $100..........Picked it up for $16 about 6 months ago...........You might want to try a different source too...........I won't mention the name but I'm sure you know who I'm talking about...............Good luck!

Mike

Yes, I have that problem all the time............Sometimes I think it's a conspiracy, but maybe that just my mental illness talking! Just kidding, know how you feel though..........Generally if I wait a few months, then start working on the set again, the prices come down a little..........The last card I need for the 2006 Topps Walmart set was Gary Carter, BV $100..........Picked it up for $16 about 6 months ago...........You might want to try a different source too...........I won't mention the name but I'm sure you know who I'm talking about...............Good luck!

Mike

Got about 6 of the cards from COMC...... The card I'm going for is listed an unlisted star and only books from a low $8.00 to a high $20.00 and hes been getting for about $22.00 average and now had has about 10 of them on ebay lot (same player) for about $37.00 per card. Best regards, David

My fear is that his actions will cause other sellers to list the card for higher prices!! And the fact that he has 12 of them.....Best regards, David

Last edited:
I've never actually paid above bv for any card for my pc... or any card for that matter that I can recall. Of course that's not a set it's multiple sets. The only set I've ever really tried to put together is 2008 moments and milestones white /150 of Sheff. I'm missing card 455 for my second set. I've been trying to ask people all over to keep their eyes peeled for it. It doesn't book much but I just CANT find it anywhere online.

I've never actually paid above bv for any card for my pc... or any card for that matter that I can recall. Of course that's not a set it's multiple sets. The only set I've ever really tried to put together is 2008 moments and milestones white /150 of Sheff. I'm missing card 455 for my second set. I've been trying to ask people all over to keep their eyes peeled for it. It doesn't book much but I just CANT find it anywhere online.
I'll keep and eye out for it. Best regards, David

Yeah, best regards......

Thanks. Best regards, David

Feel your pain.........When I list something, I try and find out what the last few have gone for in a particular set.........Stay with it, sounds like you're passionate about finishing that one..........

I hear ya David K. Those that high roll, need to go from this hobby. It's supposed to be fun, right? Ugh. Send him an ebay message and see if you can bring the price down. Ya never know, but good luck on building the set!

Brian

Good luck! Hope you win this one and not get taken to the cleaners...........
Thanks!
I hear ya David K. Those that high roll, need to go from this hobby. It's supposed to be fun, right? Ugh. Send him an ebay message and see if you can bring the price down. Ya never know, but good luck on building the set!

Brian
So far so good.....3 days to go.....Best regards, David