October Pickups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

budd2222

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Busted a 10 box case of 2015 Panini Americana. Not great but fun this is the PC items.

Last edited:
New ones for me.........Been awhile since I posted! Nice pick ups everybody, thanks for sharing!

oct17sm

Neat stuff guys, interesting to see "Bob" Clemente, I remember that his given name of Roberto sounded too "ethnic" for the time, so the cards used the shortened version of Bob!

Some non-tobacco issues -
!954 Quaker , Sports Oddities
kNph7RD.jpg
7LMkIpA.jpg
!890 McLaughlin Coffee , Circus Dogs (die cut)
sRKw6Lz.jpg
hmbvSUg.jpg

1908 Arm & Hammer/Church and Dwight
"New Series of Birds"
gEPezJB.jpg
0VluSfd.jpg
1911 Philadelphia Caramel
Bull Dog
h5uYCHl.jpg
V9MF4Nd.jpg
1940's Gordons Bread/Recipe(fitting for a medicine man ?)
Choctaw Medicine Man
y7rJmMy.jpg
diqaaha.jpg
Ken

Porkchops, are those 1954 Quaker sports Oddities worth very much? I had forgotten that I had 20 of the 27 cards in that set before seeing your post. To be honest I had no idea until I looked it up just now, that there were 27 cards in the set as the highest numbered card I had was 26.

Thanks for the info Ken. I was never able to find any info on that set in my guides as it was a multi/other sport set and the physical price guides did not list that set. So those cards were "out of sight, out of mind" for many years until I saw your post. I was able to quickly find a checklist for them at Trading Card Database once it dawned on me I could find the checklist over there.

They are very nice cards and because of the rounded corners do not suffer the damages that many square cornered sets do. I was surprised that the Black Hawks card was one that I did indeed have. I would have bet anything that was one of the ones I lacked.

Here is a link to the checklist of this rather interesting set.

http://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewAllSet.cfm/sid/121156

I don't think "Helmar" cards are that popular here at The Bench ,
but I'd like to share 3 recent arrivals ..........
um8YXs5.jpg joHd9ZO.jpg
faomBEJ.jpg Cffbndp.jpg
qoy3IqA.jpg 5uLiklf.jpg
Ken