2019 USPO rates....most going up on Jan 27, 2019!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bubble envelope with less than 4 oz....will be going up....now its $3.50...in Jan 27 , 2019..............$3.66! Merry Christmas! David
The changes include new zone based pricing for first class packages. You'll see higher increases for shipping to the East Coast, compared to little or no increase for packages shipped locally.

The changes include new zone based pricing for first class packages. You'll see higher increases for shipping to the East Coast, compared to little or no increase for packages shipped locally.
Read it further down and it has first class packages as $3.66 and up. Best wishes, David

Bummer but I guess if I enjoy getting & sending cards then I'll just have deal with it. ping I will still be saving something since I primarily ship thrugh paypal. Thanks for the heads up David!

The postage rates are why I make sure my trades are worth the postage. After a few trades where the postage was more than the cards were worth, I make sure the bv of the cards involved is high enough to justify the trade. The only exception to that is PWE trades where I don't mind helping someone out for the cost of the stamp even if the cards are of little value.

So I probably average a little under a trade a week (maybe 3 a month) but they are almost always decently high in value.

Last edited:
I do paypal shipping now- 2.66 for under 4 oz and I don't have to deal with the lines at the PO. Still, postage rates for small packets are beyond ridiculous. They went from about $1 to $3 and up in just a couple of years, ridiculous. Most of the time when I trade I pay more for shipping than I paid for the cards I traded, still its a lot of fun!

Definitely a bummer to see the prices going up again......

Fortunately, I am not a real high volume trader, so it won't be too bad, especially keeping it to PWE's when possible.

Where it will hurt is doing the TTM autographs - will see how that goes in the New Year.....

Buying more forever stamps......not buying the extra 1 oz stamp as they are currently 21 cent and on Jan 27....will be only 15 cent.......Best regards, David

PWE is the way to go...can't remember the last time I sent out a bubble mailer. Of course, I can't remember the last time I made a trade.

I'm the opposite. Most of my trades are bubble mailers with 50-80 cards. I try to make sure the value of the cards make the postage worth while though. I have not made a trade since the postage went up however and I'm sure I am going to have an unpleasant case of sticker shock when I do.

I gotta say trades are harder to make these days and postage rates I am sure are one of the big reasons why.