13' Heritage Heads Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kycardkid

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I know many of you guys out there are just like me and have been cracking the new 2013 Topps Heritage all week. I just now did a bit of digging on all of the SP's and variations in the set. Apparently there are "In Action" SP's, Color Variations, Error SP's, and Washington Senator Alternate Uniform SP's.

The site that explains it all and has detailed photos can be found here:

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/...seball-variation-short-print-and-errors-guide

Hopefully this will prevent someone out there from selling themselves short whether it be through a sale or trade.

Best Regards,
- Josh

I bought a pack today after telling myself I was not gonna try and build a set. Not crazy about the original 1964 design, kind of plain.

I really do like the idea behind Heritage and I first started buying them in 2011 for the 1962 design (year I was born, so that set has sentimental value for me!)

IMO the designs of the cards for the rest of the 1960's are kind of blah. I like building the base sets and any inserts are just gravy and trade bait for players I really like. So I doubt I'll be buying any more Heritage until they get into the 1970's My favorite set in the '73 set so I'll go all out on that one in 2022! I just hope Topps is still doing them by then.

For those of you collecting Heritage this year good luck.

I purchased 5 boxes on-line. After opening the boxes, I was 43 High Number SP cards short and 50 BASE cards short of a complete 500 card set. I can deal with the 43 SP cards yet needed, but 50 BASE cards?! This is ridiculous!!

I purchased 5 boxes on-line. After opening the boxes, I was 43 High Number SP cards short and 50 BASE cards short of a complete 500 card set. I can deal with the 43 SP cards yet needed, but 50 BASE cards?! This is ridiculous!!
I am sure I can help with the base cards. Shoot me a list and I will get back to you tonight.

Thanks,

Jeff

Before I came to the Bench seeking help with the set, I had purchased 1 hobby box, 3 blasters, and 6 rack packs and was still 100 base away and had over 100 doubles. I had only pulled 19 SP's out of all of these which was actually pretty good with 0 dupes. I've gotten a couple of Jersey cards out of these and a Mike Olt/Jurrickson Profar Refractor #/564. But I pulled 0 color variations, 0 Venezuelan variations, No action SP's, or no error cards. But I am still very pleased with Heritage. It is definitely Topps best value every year. If I had bought 5 boxes and still ran 50 short on the base, I would be aggravated.