1979 Topps Successes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Week of October 21st thru 26th

Jose Cardenal, John Hale*, George Medich.

Cardenal was a ten month wait. Hale is new address to the Bench.

Awesome to watch your progress....did you send most at the same time, or has this been ongoing? Fun to see either way!

For a while, I was buying a book of (20) stamps every payday (twice a month) to send out cards. I also would sometimes get extra stamps for Father's Day or my birthday. I have slowed down to a book a month now.

It seems that I am running out of both cards and good addresses lately. Ron is awesome with the address help, but he isn't much help convincing players to sign.

I keep hoping to make it to a big-time card shop when I go visit my wife's sister and her husband in Atlanta, but we really don't have a lot of free time.

Thanks for following. It has been fun for me. The 1979 set was the first year I collected baseball cards, so it has been nostalgic.

Very awesome.....hopefully you can kepp up the great progress and get some trades going on here too! I dont have a single 79 Topps to help you, but I know guys on here can!

God Bless!

Kevin Mc

Week of November 18th thru 23rd

Rawly Eastwick, Steve Henderson*, John Hiller, Dave LaRoche, Stan Papi, and Rick Waits*.

* means new address to the Bench

Fun to follow your progress! I think if you dont get a return from Ron Cey, then he must be in outer space somewhere, he signs FAST!

Fun to follow your progress! I think if you dont get a return from Ron Cey, then he must be in outer space somewhere, he signs FAST!

Doug Bird came in today. I sent him four days before Cey. I pulled the Bird from my set. The Cey in my set was offcut, so i had to wait for the new one to come in.