1991 Upper Deck on thinner stock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joebing

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Recently I made a few trades that brought me down to 7 cards (with ERR/COR/VAR) remaining for my 1991 Upper Deck baseball set 1-800. I pulled an 800 card box out and started loading the cards and ended up FAR short of the end of the box. Turns out only a 660 is needed, and that can also hold the Silver Sluggers, Baseball Heroes, and possibly even the stickers, which brings me to my question.

Has anyone else noticed that 1991 Upper Deck baseball is about the same thickness as a Magic:The Gathering card? It's only micrometers, but it adds up. I think I might be able to fit 1991 Final Edition into an 800 with the base.

The early premium cards were much thinner than the true card board cards of the 1970's and older. Look at the 1988 Donruss card if you wanna see real thin.

I noticed those as well, quite some time ago. In comparison to Topps and Score, Donruss and UD in the late 80's/early 90's are barely thinner. Need to recalculate my box needs now. :/

I noticed those as well, quite some time ago. In comparison to Topps and Score, Donruss and UD in the late 80's/early 90's are barely thinner. Need to recalculate my box needs now. :/

I remember those well as a young boy, compared to the thicker 87 Topps that I was collecting at the time, the 88 Donruss definitely stood out as being much thinner. I think UD from 89 on was a thinner stock in general. On a related note, LOVED the 90 UD series, great cards!