1993 Stadium Club Gold Edge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmb71vw

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I am a player collector and someone is posting a 1993 Stadium Gold Edge card on ebay. I was wondering if these are real or has no one ever heard of these?

I've never heard of these and I've built a full set of 1993 TSC 1st Day Issues and have probably 3000 more, 1st Days came just one every 24 packs, so that's a lot of the product without hearing about the supposed variation.

I've never heard of it in 93. But 94 Stadium Club had a golden rainbow set. Are you sure it is a 93?

They are being advertised as a Topps executive only set- upper topps management supposedly were given 1 set of this with the card edges, not the borders, gold colored.
I don't know if they are real or not. I bought the Hundley card for my collection and it is truly insignificant, as you can barely tell the edge is gold. If you put it in a stack of regular TSC cards, you might be able to see it, but otherwise, it's hard to tell the difference. I have never, ever heard of this type of Executive set, it seems too good to be true and this guy is racking up sales left & right at about $10 a card based on what may be myth. I bought one on the extremely odd chance that it is real but I doubt it with all my experience. Save your money, unless it can be confirmed as real, it will never be cataloged. Unless Sy Berger or the guy from SCD who does the baseball card catalog can confirm, we'll never know.

I picked up the three guys I "supercollect" in that set from the seller: Todd Van Poppel, Tom Goodwin, and Alex Cole. They were $11.50 shipped total, which is about as much as I'm willing to pay. That seller has had a lot of test/printer garbage cards so there's a good chance they really were a test run by Topps. Of course, that doesn't really make them worth anything because anybody who knows how to create gilt edges can do the same thing, no problem. I bet somebody is doing it now with some other cheap set, trying to make a quick buck.

Richard