1993 Upper Deck Series 1 Baseball Box - Sell or Open?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baberuth#3

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Hi, I recently purchased a 1993 Upper Deck Series 1 box. I'm not aware of what is in series 1 and I cannot find any info on what I could possibly pull. I see the box says SP cards are 1:72 packs but I have no idea what SP cards are. So the question is, should I sell it and make a couple bucks or open it up. If anyone has any info as to what "good stuff" is in series 1 packs, plmk.

Curtis

the SP was a 3000 hits card of Brett and Yount if I remember right, I think Series 2 had the Ryan SP, but I could be mistaken. Other than that some fun inserts, but no real 'hits' to speak of. The Iooss collection were neat looking cards, the Then & Now Holograms were fun to pull, and the Triple Crown Contenders were a nice, clean design, but I think the biggest pull would probably be a Mickey Mantle Then & Now insert that looks like it books around $12. I don't think the Mays Heroes cards had an autograph that year, so mostly one of those boxes that's fun to open, but usually costs more to ship than to buy

Ok, well, I bought a bunch of other stuff with it so shipping was discounted so I maybe spent $10-15 on it.. hearing that there is a chance at a Mantle Then and Now, I'll probably open it. It's not too large of a risk and maybe I'll work on the set. Thanks for the info!

Curtis

Looking at ebay sales, BEST (most go lower) price/value is about $15 including shipping.

I say scratch your pack ripping itch ! :)

Well, I decided to open it. I didn't get much good but it was fun opening at a reasonable price of $9.

I don't think I'll need any to complete the set but I'll probably not go through my 93 Upper Deck cards for a long time since it is not a main set of mine.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online