2008 UD Documentary Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThreeLions

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
Last weekend my son and I hosted a table at our local card show. We didn’t do much selling, just a 2011 Topps Prime Tebow RC, two TTM autographs on 8×10 and a large trade that netted me some cool autograph cards and $20. With the money we made I treated the kids to a box bust. I only had $28 to spare but the main guy who sells boxes at the show let me have a box of 2008 Upper Deck Documentary for the money.

24 packs of 15 cards each were divvied up between the three of us, my daughter included. This particular box guaranteed one autograph card (1:24) and it was my daughter who landed it. Towards the back end of her pack busts she hit a quite nice Aaron Laffey (Indians) sticker auto. Looked it up and it books at $20 which, for a 9 year old, is pretty cool! Other inserts in this set are Yankee Stadium Legacy (no odds listed), All-Star Game (1:4) and Gold Parallel (1:1) with the averages close to being hit across the box.

Yankee Stadium Legacy (or YSL are they are better known) yielded Gomez (807), Ruffing (832), Lazzeri (857), Crosetti (882), Ruth (907), McCarthy (932), Rolfe (957), Posada (6358), Rodriguez, (6383), Matsui (6408), Johnson (6433) & Rodriguez (6458).

All-Star Game cards included Ryan Dempster, Mariano Rivera, Francisco Rodriguez & Billy Wagner.

Gold Parallels that we pulled included Braun (160), Mauer (170), Wright (180), Jeter (190), Blanton (200), Howard (201), LaRoche (212), Wilson (213), Peavy (221), Young (223), Zito (231), B. Molina (232), Bedard (242) & Sexson (243).

Overall it wasn’t a bad box considering what we paid for it but I wouldn’t have liked to have paid full price back in 2008 for it.

All cards listed are available for trade. Also, should you be chasing cards or players from the base set, give me a shout - I may just be able to help you out!

DAVE

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, been a long weekend.

In addition to those listed above we also recently pulled a 2011 Topps Lineage Babe Ruth base card and a Mariano Rivera Stand Up insert. Interested in those?

DAVE