2012 Topps Update Mickey Mantle Sweepstakes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dankir96

MVP
5.00 star(s)
FedEx dropped off a package today and I assumed it was for my wife. When I saw it was addressed to me and from Duryea, Pa….I knew it was from Topps. But I had no idea what it could be. The box was too big to ship redemption cards in. I opened the box and there is a pair of baseball pants in a plastic bag. A letter from Topps on their letterhead was also enclosed and said the following…

Dear Dan,

Congratulations you are a winner for Updates Series Mickey Mantle Sweepstakes. Enclosed is a pair of pants.

Sincerely - Topps Fulfillment Dept.

So I had to call Topps to confirm what I think I have is what I actually have. The lady put me on hold for a few minutes to check, came back and said that I won the pants from the redemption card I mailed in and they were pants that Mickey Mantle wore in a Fantasy Camp. She didn't say what year though.

To say the least, i'm thrilled. I would like to sell them, but I have no idea what they are worth. Does anyone have any idea what they may be worth?

Topps really went all out on that letter, didn't they?

I don't have a clue what they'd be worth. I think the hard core mantle fans would bid on them in droves, just to own a pair that he wore- real gamers would be very expensive. I bet you'd get at least $500 for them in a mass exposure auction. Maybe use one of the auction houses who have bidders with deeper pockets instead of ebay? I do think that a better line of certification would help you, that letter from Topps isn't much for clarifying authenticity, where they came from, etc.

Contacted Topps yesterday and asked for a letter of authenticity. They said they would send one. I'll keep you posted.