2023 Topps Update Series Baseball Hobby Box 10/11/2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Configuration:

12 cards per pack.
20 packs + 1 silver pack per box.
Look for 1 autograph or relic card per box on average.

The excitement of the 2023 Major League Baseball season continues in Topps Baseball Update Series.

Collectors will find cards of familiar faces in new uniforms, brand new rookies celebrating their recent MLB debuts and cards capturing the festivities of the MLB All Star Game and Home Run Derby from Seattle, Washington.

Fans can also find autograph and relic cards from the stars of today, young emerging rookies, and legendary players.

Every 20-pack Hobby Box contains one autograph or relic card.

Each Hobby Jumbo box delivers one autograph and two relic cards.

Look for boxes and packs in stores October 2023

BASE CARDS

This 330-card set includes recently traded players, rookies and rookie debut cards, player combos, and more.

Parallels

Gold Foil Parallel – Printed on gold foil-board
Inserted 1:2 packs HTA Jumbo Exclusive

Rainbow Foil Parallel – Inserted 1:10 packs
Gold Parallel – #’d to 2023
Green Foil board Parallel - #’d to 499
Orange Foil board Parallel - #’d to 299
Red Foil board Parallel - #’d to 199
Vintage Stock Parallel –#’d to 99
Independence Day Parallel - #’d to 76
Black Parallel – #’d to 72 Hobby/HTA Jumbo Exclusive
Mother’s Day Hot Pink Parallel – #’d to 50
Father’s Day Powder Blue Parallel –#’d to 50
Memorial Day Camo Parallel – #’d to 25
Clear Variation - #’d to 10 (100 subjects) Hobby Only
Platinum Parallel - #’d 1/1
Printing Plates – Printing plate of card fronts (4 per card) #’d 1/1
ALL NEW FOR 2023!

Look for the Golden Mirror Image Variation Short Prints! Each of the 330 base cards receives a limited short-printed variation with an allnew image and golden card back. Will you be the collector to assemble the whole set?

INSERT CARDS

NEW! Action Stars – Celebrating 30 MLB players known for their high action performances.

Blue Parallel – limited to 600
Black Parallel - #’d to 299
Gold Parallel - #’d to 75
Red Parallel - #’d to 10
Autograph Parallel (select subjects) - #’d to 10 or less
NEW! Time-Spanning Tandems - Paining modern stars and legendary greats who share a common bond.

Red Parallel - #’d to 10
NEW! Laid Out! – These players go the extra distance needed to pull off some spectacular plays in on the field.

Red Parallel - #’d to 10
NEW! 2023 All Star Game – Highlighting the top 50 players to participate in the 2023 MLB All Star Week events.

Red Parallel - #’d to 10
Topps Black Gold – Bringing the 90’s favorite insert into the modern day with a new design to showcase baseball’s best.

Red Parallel - #’d to 10
NEW! 1988 Topps Baseball

Red Parallel - #’d to 10
NEW! Wood Variation - #’d 1/1
All Aces – Concluding the set of die cut foil board cards celebrating the game’s best pitchers

Red Parallel - #’d to 10
Heavy Lumber – Twenty additional of the league’s best batsmen on woodgrained cards. Limited to 500 each!

AKA – Highlighting players with iconic nicknames. Limited quantity!

HOBBY EXCLUSIVE CARDS

NEW! Oversized Topps BIG Box Loaders – Celebrating the 1988 Topps BIG design with modern stars and rookies. HOBBY HTA JUMBO BOX LOADER EXCLUSIVE

Gold Parallel - #’d to 50
Red Parallel - #’d to 10
Autographed Variation – select subjects, hand numbered to 10 or less
NEW! Commemorative MVP Medallion Cards – Celebrating past winners of this illustrious award.

Red Parallel - #’d to 10
NEW! Commemorative World Series Trophy Medallion Cards – Pairing MLB champion players with commemorative medallions of the World Series Trophy. Limited to 250 each.

Red Parallel - #’d to 10
Sketch Cards – 1 of 1 hand drawn art featuring MLB stars and legends. HOBBY/HTA JUMBO Exclusive

AUTOGRAPH RELIC CARDS

Topps Reverence Autograph Patch Cards – Hobby/Hobby Jumbo Exclusive

On-card autographs and patch uniform pieces. Base is numbered to 10

Red Parallel: #’d to 5
Platinum Parallel: #’d 1 of 1
NEW! MLB First Stitch Autograph Patch Cards – Using MLB Authenticated jumbo patches the first jerseys in production for stars on new MLB teams alongside player autographs. Cards #’d to 5.

Platinum Parallel: #’d 1 of 1 Hobby/Hobby Jumbo Exclusive!
Major League Material Autograph Cards

Numbered to 50 or less

Red Parallel: #’d to 25 or less
Platinum Parallel: #’d 1 of 1
All-Star Stitch Autograph Cards

Featuring 2023 All-Star Warm-Up Jersey event-worn relic pieces. Base is numbered to 25 or less

Red Parallel: #’d to 10 or less
Gold Parallel: #’d 1 of 1
All-Star Stitch Dual Autograph Cards

Base numbered to 25 or less.

All-Star Autographed Jumbo Patch Cards

Base numbered to 10 or less

AUTOGRAPH CARDS

Baseball Stars Autographs

Current greats, legends, and rookies are showcased

Parallels

Black: #’d to 199
Gold: #’d to 50
Red: #’d to 25
Platinum: #’d 1 of 1
Baseball Stars Dual Autographs

Numbered to 5 or less

1987 Topps Baseball Autograph Cards

On-card autographs of rookies, veterans, and retired players

Red: #’d to 25 HOBBY Exclusive
Platinum: #’d 1 of 1 Hobby and Hobby Jumbo Exclusive
Cut Signatures

Featuring autographs of some of MLB®’s all-time greats.

Numbered 1 of 1

RELIC CARDS

NEW! MLB First Stich Patch Cards – Showcasing players on new teams for 2023 with MLB Authenticated jumbo patches from their first jersey produced. Cards #’d to 50 or less

Gold: #’d to 10
Letter Patch: #’d 1 of 1 (select subjects) Hobby and Hobby
Jumbo Exclusive

Major League Material Cards

Featuring game-used relics from MLB® stars

Parallels

Platinum: #’d 1 of 1 Hobby and Hobby Jumbo Exclusive
All-Star Stiches Cards

Featuring event-worn ASG workout jerseys

Parallels

Silver: #’d to 50
Gold: #’d 1 of 1
All-Star Jumbo Patch Cards

Sequentially numbered to 5 or less

Gold Parallel: #”d 1 or 1
All-Star Stitches Dual Cards

Sequentially numbered to 25

All-Star Stitches Triple Cards

Sequentially numbered to 25

Own The Name Relics

Showcasing jersey nameplate letters, All numbered 1 of 1. Hobby and Hobby Jumbo Exclusive

2023 Topps Update Series Baseball Hobby Continuity Program

Exclusive silver packs for Hobby customers with 2023 Topps Update Series Purchase

Hobby customers awarded: 1 pack inserted into every Hobby Box, 2 packs inserted into every Jumbo Box

Silver packs include MLB® veterans, rookies and retired greats on chrome technology! Numbered autographs and parallels included in select packs.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. Less cards but the close the same price as last year. 240 cards and last year 336 cards. Best regards, David
There is also discourse in the Jumbo box thread. I hope this will resolve things from Cardboard Connection:
Hobby Box Configuration: 12 cards per pack, 20 packs per box, 12 boxes per case
Hobby Jumbo Box Configuration: 46 cards per pack, 10 packs per box, 6 boxes per case
Retail Box Configuration: 14 cards per pack, 20 packs per box, 12 boxes per case
Hanger Pack Configuration: 59 cards per pack, 64 packs per box, 8 boxes per case
Blaster Box Configuration: 12 cards per pack, 7 packs per box, 40 boxes per case

I do have to question the hanger pack with 64 packs of 59 cards in one hanger pack box. But I don't have anything for sure but that sounds like case information. Becasue if a case of hangers has 8 boxes, that would be 30,208 cards per hanger case. The Jumbo case has 2,760 cards per case.

Update on the Hanger Packs:
Configuration:

59 cards per pack.
64 packs per case. 3835 total cards.

Each pack contains fifty-three (53) 2023 Topps Baseball Updates Base Cards + one (1) Blended Rate Insert + one (1) 1988 Topps Baseball Insert + four (4) Stars of MLB Insert cards.

Last edited:
Topps mislead everyone on their site - did anyone else buy the pre-sale from them thinking there were 24 packs @ 14 cards per? I did and then only to get them delivered with 20/12. Soon to be followed up with an email from them - "Oops we're sorry we misled you..."?

Unreal - almost 28% fewer cards at the same price with no chance of completing a set.

If someone from the outside looked at this it would look like a classic bait and switch move.

Ticked off in NJ !!!

Topps mislead everyone on their site - did anyone else buy the pre-sale from them thinking there were 24 packs @ 14 cards per? I did and then only to get them delivered with 20/12. Soon to be followed up with an email from them - "Oops we're sorry we misled you..."?

Unreal - almost 28% fewer cards at the same price with no chance of completing a set.

If someone from the outside looked at this it would look like a classic bait and switch move.

Ticked off in NJ !!!
Fanatics claims it was an accident. So why did they change it a days before it released!. Fewer cards for the the same price!

And this was my response to them:

"Really, this is a class action if ever there was one. 28% fewer cards at the same price. 96 cards? Unreal... I am ashamed you would try to pull this off. And, no one is going to buy this was a simple oversight. I don't want a refund, I want my 96 cards and I don't care about the inserts that are 99% worthless

One super unhappy collector.

It's time to open MLB back up to all the vendors!!!"

I can't believe I'm the only one that sent them something

And this was my response to them:

"Really, this is a class action if ever there was one. 28% fewer cards at the same price. 96 cards? Unreal... I am ashamed you would try to pull this off. And, no one is going to buy this was a simple oversight. I don't want a refund, I want my 96 cards and I don't care about the inserts that are 99% worthless

One super unhappy collector.

It's time to open MLB back up to all the vendors!!!"

I can't believe I'm the only one that sent them something
Theres a lot of collectors who are upset...with Fanatics lies! All of the retail 2023 topps update will have few cards ...but the same price or higher! Best regards, David

Unfortunately, all the "Breakers" probably loved this move. Less packs to open, less cards to ship and still can charge the same.