7/16: the rookie TV broadcasting duo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tigsfan

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Jamie Moyer
c/o Phillies
7/7, 22 days

Matt Stairs
c/o Phillies
4/4, 22 days

The recently retired Stairs and Moyer both have impressive resumes on their careers, including both being on the 2008 WS Champion Phillies, but not much on the broadcasting side of things. They were brought in by Comcast in a controversial move this offseason, and THE ARTICLE BELOW will give you an idea of how people think they have been doing thus far. They also never seemed to stay anyplace too long (Stairs 12/13 teams in 19 years - played for Expos and Nationals; Moyer 8 teams in 25 years), so its hard to say if they will be in Philly for a long time. Just for fun, here is their career head-to-head match up.

Jamie Moyer vs. Matt Stairs: 39 PAs, 10/35 (.286), 2 2Bs, 2 HRs, 7 RBIs, 3 BBs, 10 Ks, 1 HBP, 1 GIDP

http://articles.philly.com/2014-07-14/news/51435756_1_stairs-or-moyer-jamie-moyer-phils

Jamie Moyer is my all time favorite player, and it sounds like he is critical of his own performance in the booth as he was on the field for 26 seasons! "It's a learning process," he continued. "There's always room for improvement."

Congrats! As a Phillies fan, the announcer shake-up sure was some shocking news, but since I no longer watch games (I live in NC now), I don't know anything firsthand!

Scobes

Really nice pick ups! Loved watching both of them play. Congrats!

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps

Members online

No members online now.