$800 packs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

If you can afford it and enjoy doing it, more power to you.......................It's the American way...........................

When upper deck didn't do baseball cards anymore. This was going to happen. The few card manufactuerers were going to riase there prices. That was a no brainer. But come on $800 a pack. Yeah count me out.

Huh?
Upper Deck Yankee Signature series, was $20/pack... crazy
Ultimate Collection was $100/pack ...insane
Upper Deck's 'the Cup' Hockey cards are the ones selling in the $300/pack range
They are as much a part of the madness as Topps, Donruss, or anyone else. It isn't the fewer card makers that are the problem, it's the people who keep buying anything that gets released trying for the longshot hit. As Metsman1986 said, if you've got the cash to gamble that big, congrats, I don't. And being there isn't anything in those packs I'd pay that kind of money for anyways, it's no big loss to me. I'm not that big into GU, and most of the autos can be had on an item I'd rather have for less of a premium.

This is the reason why I have been focusing on my player collections from the '80s and '90s. It is a lot more enjoyable, than trying to pull some 1/1 card.

Bill

I stopped buying anything but Bradshaw stuff i need for my PC a long time ago...I was going to buy some A&G this year but they didn't include the ***** Leaguers so I passed on that junk as well.

Funny thing is that if you check e-bay the Topps Five-Star cards sell for very reasonable prices. It is the classic case of the unopened pack may sell for $500 but the cards inside will collectively sell separately for less than $100.

To me buying a pack of cards for that price makes little more sense than buying lottery tickets or playing a slot machine.