Another MASSIVE ATTIC VINTAGE Find! WOW!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazy...............Next thing you'll see is a reality show where someone's attic diving or something...............Thanks for sharing!

Mike

That's just crazy ! How many people at that time even had 1,000 of those cards ? And then to have them stay together for 100 years ?

Crazy...............Next thing you'll see is a reality show where someone's attic diving or something...............Thanks for sharing!

Mike

The Keno brothers had/have? a show along that line.

The Keno brothers had/have? a show along that line.

I have no idea who those guys are.............Personally don't like reality shows except for that pawn shop show in Vegas.................I bet somebody's going to do another one if that show is/was successful...................

I have no idea who those guys are.............Personally don't like reality shows except for that pawn shop show in Vegas.................I bet somebody's going to do another one if that show is/was successful...................

They're twin brothers that do antique/collectibles appraisals, with furniture being their specialty.

They're short lived tv show Buried Treasure http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buried_Treasure_(TV_series)

About them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leigh_and_Leslie_Keno

That is very interesting. The title made me think of a band, Massive Attack. The article said "The family knew the cards had some value, but the full extent of value and rarity, particularly the Red Hindus, is far beyond their previous expectations”... I guess the interwebs don't reach all the way down to the The Southern Fairway. :confused: When I was a newbie, I found it fairly easy to find the values of my old cards, and that was all the way back when the interwebs had just been invented!

That is very interesting. The title made me think of a band, Massive Attack. The article said "The family knew the cards had some value, but the full extent of value and rarity, particularly the Red Hindus, is far beyond their previous expectations”... I guess the interwebs don't reach all the way down to the The Southern Fairway. :confused: When I was a newbie, I found it fairly easy to find the values of my old cards, and that was all the way back when the interwebs had just been invented!

I think it was the back variations that threw them off. They saw the $$$ when the Black Swamp found was announced. Personally, even if I didn't collect I would have already toploaded each and researched each and every card extensively. You know with all of this publicity that these finds are generating - adding that to this "American Pickers - Pawn Stars -Storage Wars - Auction Kings" television world - it is only a matter of time before one or more Eddie Plank's and Nap Lajoies are found tucked away.

Tim

Great find and story!

I should tear up my building as it celebrates it's 100th year (building built in 1913 according county records). Last time we tore up the middle unit's floor, we found old newspapers from 1912, but it was all shredded up by mice.

i think people are just sitting on all these "finds" and waiting for the right time to pull them from the attic. i think these ppl just mis-timed it, lol

like you said tim, it's only a matter of time before the lajoies and planks pop up!

pau

It's a great story and a great find, but is it really a find? This family knew about them all along. They just now decided to part with them, and I'm sure it all had to do with how much those cards would bring. The term "find" can be a bit misleading. It is stories like this that make you want to hit yard sales, garage sales, flea markets, and the like to see if you can find the next elusive "find." Now that is not a bad thing for this hobby at all.

Jim, I would consider this a "find" for the hobby itself. Maybe someone didn't pull back the floorboards of their 110-year old attic floor and discover the stash sitting untouched for decades. I am certain that the family didn't find a map in the attic that led them down a hole in the fireplace and into a long tunnel filled with bootytraps (that's what I said, Boobytraps!) while being chased by a sadistic, criminal family into an enclosed lagoon that had a pirate ship oozing with Shoeless Joe's.

So, no, in your sense of what the word find means - I guess it wouldn't be called a "find." I guess it would be more of a "we don't collect cards, we kept them for decades, we knew they were worth something, but we had absolutely no idea there were some in there worth THAT!" kind of moment.

Tim

Jim, I would consider this a "find" for the hobby itself. Maybe someone didn't pull back the floorboards of their 110-year old attic floor and discover the stash sitting untouched for decades. I am certain that the family didn't find a map in the attic that led them down a hole in the fireplace and into a long tunnel filled with bootytraps (that's what I said, Boobytraps!) while being chased by a sadistic, criminal family into an enclosed lagoon that had a pirate ship oozing with Shoeless Joe's.

So, no, in your sense of what the word find means - I guess it wouldn't be called a "find." I guess it would be more of a "we don't collect cards, we kept them for decades, we knew they were worth something, but we had absolutely no idea there were some in there worth THAT!" kind of moment.

Tim

So true, Tim. When that guy, who bought the house Honus Wagner used to live in, tore down a wall to do some renovation and found a pair of Honus' coaches pants and an uncut sheet of T206's (with the Wagner card included) folded up and in the pants pocket...okay, I would call that a find. This one is not so much of a find, but a reentrance into the hobby for those cards. Still a great story.

In a way, this story reminds me of an old Gallagher line, "In the news the other day they just discovered a deposit of 500 billion barrels of oil. It's been there millions of years...and they JUST DISCOVERED it." I love Gallagher. LOL!

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online