Anyone else (besides sellers) hate free listing days on ebay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I knew something was up when it took me over 10 pages to view the new Garvey listings tonight. Page after page of JUNK! Then I checked the announcements...150 free listings, today only. These days really bring out the crap listings and bogs down searches. Maybe once in a while a goodie is listed, but not often from what I have seen.

I hate them as a buyer AND as a seller. Of course the next time I'm in the market for a Ripken 1990 donruss for 99 cents plus $2 s/h I suppose I'll change my mind.

Free listings is one of the worst things an auction site can do. But of course ebay decided a long time ago they didn't want to be an auction site any longer so what do they care, they got what they wanted. Fixed price and store listings versus auctions are probably something like 15 to 1 now.

i love em - as both a buyer and seller....

i generally prefer selling items in the $1-5 range that are not your typical fast-moving items....was far easier before the march 2010 change that eliminated the 3-cent fixed price listings for the basic store subscribers (and no , there's not even a remote chance i could or would go the anchor store for $300 a month just to get the 3-cent listings back)....free or penny listing days give me a chance to list more items that do tend to sell (albeit slowly) with less risk.....

also as a huge set builder and south carolina gamecock collector , i LOVE my collection , but admittedly a lot of my needs are low end either in terms of the player featured or the item itself....quite a few of those items pop up when they can be listed for free so i consider it a fantastic opportunity and the only price i pay is having to skim through a few more listings....

I think it is bad for individual player collectors, but for set collectors, it is great. It is also a good time for buyers. I have gotten great deals on some cards during this time cause they get lost in the chaos!

It brings a whole lot of crap out of the woodwork, but you have to sift through it in case there is a gem in there. It kind of sucks, but at the same time there are people like me... I have some high end cards that I don't want to start out at 99 cents. I don't want to list them at $99.99 either, because the insertion fees are too high. So I wait for free listing day and list them then (none yesterday though, too lazy/busy). These are cards that there are only 5 of on earth (for example) so they don't show up too often. If you're waiting for something like that, free listing day could be great for you as a shopper.