AUG. Pickups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

How are the non-sport relics selling? Lots of talk about a % of the sports pieces being fake. Maybe it's easier (and cheaper) in some cases to find a dress shirt or costume to cut up than it would be to find a jersey?

They are selling fairly well from what I can tell. Like anything in the card world, I take it for what it is worth. I do believe the earlier baseball pieces (2005 and back) were pretty legit; anything after that is suspect. I recall only a few of the non-sport relics being from a given film, show, event, etc. Most are just pieces of clothing they wore so those would be way easier to track down than say a concert worn Conway Twitty jacket ;)

That is a really nice card! Congrats on the addition. How close are you to finishing the set? Do you have the Mantle yet?

Thanks! No Mantle yet. I'm under 100 cards to go. Have picked off decent cards of alot of the tougher HOFers (Ford, Williams, Berra, etc) The Mays & Mantle will prove a challenge.

Scott

I have every Mantle from 1958-1969 but none of the early stuff. That is a good one to have when you get it. Best of luck finishing the set! I only have two cards from the set myself: